We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kerala travel experience post flood

Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Kerala travel experience post flood

Hi,

If any genuine travel experience to Kerala post floods (in last couple of days) is available please share. Most of the anxious travelers are waiting to get answers so that they can decide on bookings.

Travel agents please excuse and allow tourists to provide first hand experience

I have non refundable booking September 12 for flight and hotels and all will be waste on cancellation. The travel agent is not in favor of going ahead with trip in wake of rat fever

27 replies to this topic
Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
27 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Kerala travel experience post flood

Dear sir/madam,

We are Down, but not Out.

Our land has been ravaged; Our people are in shock. Our life and dreams have been hit, but in spirits we are recharged.

We have seen lives and property vanish before our very eyes. We have seen the magical beauty of Kerala getting scarred. But our resilience just got better.

The Keralite has built societies in all parts of the world. The Keralite will now rebuild the state. Hard work has never been alien to us. Our resolve to come out of this shock has become stronger.

While the restoration of our state is our target, getting our infrastructure in place and people back in their homes is our priority. Bringing smiles back on is our dream.

The airport closed, but we are working overtime to be ready for your flights by the 29th of August 2018.

The businesses which are now shut will be up and running by the 05st of September 2018.

How can you be a part of this history - rebuilding of Kerala?

Comfort us by doing business with us. Support us by trusting our instincts about our land. Be a part of our resurgence, be a part of new Kerala.

You can help Kerala get back on its feet faster. Support Kerala by coming to Kerala and join us in the task of rebuilding Kerala.

Together we can!!!!

Today—07/09/2018--

The situation in Kerala has been totally normalised & all important tourist area such as Cochin,Munnar, Thekkady, Alleppey , Kumarakom,Kovalam, Wayanad has been opened back for the tourist from Sept 1 onwards.Also all means of transport such as Rail,Road & Air is back to there routine timetable.Roads are accessible & Safe, Climate is sunny , Surrounding is Clean & Heginic & People are back to there office & Work.

And another matter, about water borne diseases . Among 3 crore people in Kerala exposed to the flood, only over 200 suspected cases of rat fever has been reported.

Kerala Health Minister said on Wednesday that the spread of leptospirosis (rat fever) in the state is under control. so don”t panic about heginic issues

Each one of you must have contributed to help kerala in your own way & we are always thankful for that.So now it's our responsibility to gift you the New Vibrant & More Beautiful Kerala to you .Past will be replaced with a new.Tourism is the soul of Kerala & its the most vital part of peoples living.So we request everyone to explore the New & Beautiful Kerala.

God's own country is now a people's own country were every individual have played there role to build Kerala back.Be a part of it & visit Kerala.

For any help/assistance feel free to get in touch with us

cheraitaxi

10 posts
2. Re: Kerala travel experience post flood

Hi,

Where all are you planning to visit ? We did a road trip last week..mostly visiting relatives and it was ok.they had mass cleanup drives and most tourist destinations are back to normal. We too are planning fr munnar on 12th. So far all three hotels and eravikulam info guys seems to think munnar is back to normal and somebody had posted a videolog of his travel from last week that seems to agree with that.neelakurinji blooming has started. Ensure you take your antibiotics if worried about rat fever..its only from coming in touch with contaminated water with skin injury and is easily prevented by taking precautionary antibiotics.especially recommended if you are visiting backwaters. anyways water has drained about 2 weeks back

Bavaria, Germany
Level Contributor
766 posts
260 reviews
3. Re: Kerala travel experience post flood

not sure where you are going to visit but all Tourist Locations save a few like nelliyampathy are open to tourists.

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,376 posts
138 reviews
4. Re: Kerala travel experience post flood

which places you are visiting?

Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
5. Re: Kerala travel experience post flood

Munnar and alleppy... A four year old kid accompanying.what precaution I need to take in case I am going ahead with the trip

Bavaria, Germany
Level Contributor
766 posts
260 reviews
6. Re: Kerala travel experience post flood

the only concern is the communicable diseases but its mostly in North kerala..till kochi..

because many have concerns...you can consult a doctor and take doxycycline 200mg single dose..which kerala govt have been giving everyone for free.it costs about Rs 40 in the shop..just for an assurance..

otherwise there is no Problem..most roads are fine..now its bright sunshine and even the water Levels in the rivers are at below normal Levels..seems like summer !

Edited: 09 September 2018, 18:34
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: Kerala travel experience post flood

I was in the same ship. Lol.

Please go ahead with your bookings.Nothing to fear of. Presently I am on a trip to Kerela.I landed in Kochi yesterday.I visited Cherai beach yesterday (must visit) and today half of the day I visited most of the Kochi's tourist places and later I headed towards Munnar. Since, Kerela especially Idukki district too faced the natural calamity, you will find traces of flood on the road to Munnar but restoration work is in full swing. I reached at Munnar around 8 pm today. The weather is fine. We didn't find any glitches in reaching here. I was so sceptical about this trip but God'own country just relieved me.Im travelling with my two kids. The roads are commutable and lot of restoration work is being done. Our driver took the usual road and not the one shown by Google maps which showed some road closures. We didn't find any road closures.

May be I will share more about Munnar tomorrow.

Kerela is really beautiful.❤️❤️

Don't fear people,do visit.

Don't go by what you are reading in social medias.

Edited: 09 September 2018, 22:06
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
8. Re: Kerala travel experience post flood

Hi Rehana M,

Thank you for the post. It will really helped a lot. But please update more about tourist places. Are all the places in operation? I heard that there was a dange to a bridge on the way to Rajamalai national park. is there any deasease like rat fever are prevailing over there?

Also kindly post about what all places you visited and the conditions of same.

Edited: 10 September 2018, 02:13
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
9. Re: Kerala travel experience post flood

Thank you so much @rehana for your reply

Kolkata, India
6 posts
10. Re: Kerala travel experience post flood

Thanks Rehana, Please Keep posting about the current situation as you visit different tourist places. Did you visit Eravicullam national park in Munnar?

Reply to: Kerala travel experience post flood
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted