We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Munnar visit from 17-20 September possible?

11 posts
Munnar visit from 17-20 September possible?

Hi. I am likely to visit munnar from kochi on 17-20 September, wud it be safe to visit there? Will the roads be reconstructed by that time ? And what about the sight seeing.

39 replies to this topic
Kerala, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Munnar visit from 17-20 September possible?

Hi friend,

Munnar was worst effected during flood,and whole city is isolated during flood time. Eravikulam, Kunthala and Mattupetti are most effected part in Munnar. Roads and building are demolished in certain area. Roads are filled with pitfalls and mud .It take time to rebuilding the road and other infrastructure.I think 3 weeks are not enough to reconstruct the roads. I think it is better to postpone your trip to 2 more months. Any way you please contact with concerned authority and plan your trip.

Hope this helps you

Thankyou

Level Contributor
84 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Munnar visit from 17-20 September possible?

I called kerala tourism department today and they told me Munnar is ok to travel, roads repairing work is in full swing.

3. Re: Munnar visit from 17-20 September possible?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2018, 19:43

11 posts
4. Re: Munnar visit from 17-20 September possible?

Sure I will call u.

11 posts
5. Re: Munnar visit from 17-20 September possible?

Pls put all updates here regarding munnar

Edited: 28 August 2018, 08:59
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Munnar visit from 17-20 September possible?

Hello Kiran, deeply obliged 8f you can share info here on the forum, than different people from various threads calling you in person, thanks a ton.

Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
7. Re: Munnar visit from 17-20 September possible?

What is the no of kerala tourism

Lucknow, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
61 reviews
8. Re: Munnar visit from 17-20 September possible?

I am also visiting kochi on 17th sep and plan to visit munnar,thakedy etc.My no is 9450000287.Contact me we can make a joint plan

cheers

Level Contributor
84 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: Munnar visit from 17-20 September possible?

@ vicky... Toll free No: 1-800-425-4747 (within India only) kerala tourism dept. Govt of Kerala.

Level Contributor
84 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: Munnar visit from 17-20 September possible?

@ Anuj... I am going munnar on 12 sept.

Reply to: Munnar visit from 17-20 September possible?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted