We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation to and from hotel

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
transportation to and from hotel

Hello,

I am going to Sofitel Moorea in November. Planning on taking the ferry from PPT to Moorea and then flying back to PPT.

My travel agency is quoting me about $52 USD for two people to get to the pier from the airport. They are also quoting me $40 from the Moorea Pier to the Sofitel La Ora, and lastly $42 for transfer for two from the hotel to the Moorea airport. When I asked them about the transfers, they said that the price is for small groups.

I'm curious as to what others would recommend for transfers and the prices included. I read that there was a bus that goes around Moorea for very cheap. Would anyone recommend that from the ferry pier to the hotel? Or what about a taxi?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for your time.

1 reply
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
71 reviews
1. Re: transportation to and from hotel

I am not sire what the USD is compared to this time last year but last year at this time we paid $25-$30 for a cab from the airport to the ferry in Papette.We had the Hilton Moorea pick us up at the ferry so we could stop at the grocery in town on the way to the hotel. I think that was about $30-$35. Both with on our own and no group. I can'r remember how far it was to the Sofitel to the ferry but you may want to ask the hotel.

We did book a package for April/May 2017 for Moore and Bora Bora that includes all the transfers and it is a customized package so maybe you can ask your TA about that

November is off season so I would think things would be less crowded and less expensive

Enjoy

Edited: 21 May 2016, 05:43
Reply to: transportation to and from hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted