We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moorea Itinerary

Level Contributor
37 posts
Moorea Itinerary

Hi All,

My husband and I will be spending 2 days in Moorea at Intercontinental at the end of April.

Please let me know what places are "must see" and what things are "must do" in Moorea.

Any travel companies that you recommend? Should we rent a car? We will do some water sport activities in Bora Bora.

Thanks a lot,

Rashmi

6 replies to this topic
California
Level Contributor
10,233 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Moorea Itinerary

We stayed at the IC last year and loved it. On Moorea we enjoyed renting a car to explore the island on our own. Go to the Lagoonarium--amazing! http://lagoonarium.e-monsite.com/ We also drove to Belvedere Lookout, stopped at the juice factory and had lunch at Snack Mahana.

Level Contributor
37 posts
2. Re: Moorea Itinerary

Thanks 22Kauai.

Do you recommend us to book a car before we leave from california? Any specific vendors for car rentals?

Thanks,

Rashmi

California
Level Contributor
10,233 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Moorea Itinerary

You can rent from Avis at the IC. We booked beforehand but not sure if that's necessary.

Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Moorea Itinerary

We did the Combo Cata Jet and ATV tour with the motu picnic..one of the best tours we have done. We booked with Moorea Mahana Tours. So fun..they even let us "zoom" around.

Level Contributor
37 posts
5. Re: Moorea Itinerary

Thanks Debi L. We will certainly look into it.

Rashmi

Papillion, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
30 reviews
6. Re: Moorea Itinerary

Second for the Lagoonarium. And as was stated, you can rent a car right from the hotel. We rented ahead of time but probably wouldn't again as the cars seemed plentiful. We went in mid-May last year. I would take a drive up to Belvedere point first thing in the morning. We arrived around 9am and were the only ones up there. Gorgeous views. From there we hit the agricultural school on the way down the mountain, then onto the pineapple distillery. Then onto to Lagoonarium for the 11:30am feeding. Don't miss the feeding.

Also, on a different day, have lunch at Snack Mahana. It is approx. 1 mi. from the hotel.

Reply to: Moorea Itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted