We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moorea, Tahiti Wedding

vancouver
3 posts
1 review
Moorea, Tahiti Wedding

Hi,

My fiancee and I have booked a wedding vacation for just the 2 of us to Tahiti this October.

I am looking for someone to marry us there. We don't want a traditional Tahitian ceremony with all the bells and whistles. We just want to say our vowes by the ocean.

The cheapest I have found for this is $750. Does anyone know of a way to get married down there for less. Also-we don't need it to be legally binding. Appreciate the help, Simone

24 replies to this topic
Raleigh, NC
1 post
1 review
1. Re: Moorea, Tahiti Wedding

What hotel did you book your stay with? Where were you booking your ceremony?

Also, if you don't mind me asking- how much was your flight? We are trying to have the same type wedding ceremony down there and then travel to Sydney and it is roughly 20,000 USD(with the the flights, etc). It is difficult to find anywhere that just will marry you without all the "extras". We are getting married with just us- no need for a big to do.

Edited: 19 July 2010, 08:58
1 post
2. Re: Moorea, Tahiti Wedding

I am also getting married in moorea in October at the intercontinental, I just emailed them photos of what I had in mind (non traditional Tahitian) and they have been very helpful and accomodating.

vancouver
3 posts
1 review
3. Re: Moorea, Tahiti Wedding

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

We haven't booked our accomodation yet. Our flight was about $2000 CAD each. We're flying from Vancouver, through LA then to Tahiti.

Let me know if you find anything in terms of good deals for a ceremony.

Cheers.

vancouver
3 posts
1 review
4. Re: Moorea, Tahiti Wedding

Hey,

How much is a wedding ceremony at the intercontinental?

Aliso Viejo...
Level Contributor
21 posts
5. Re: Moorea, Tahiti Wedding

Hi I'm planning my wedding too. Can you please let me know how much you paid? I'm not sure where to book it the IC or Pearl.

I want a non-traditional Tahitian too. Can you give me all the details?

Thank you so much.

Clifton Park, New...
1 post
1 review
6. Re: Moorea, Tahiti Wedding

Hello! My fiance and I have booked the same wedding plans for March 2011. Since it is still considered off season for Tahiti visitors we did get a cheaper rate. Quantas vacations (a New Zealand based company) offered us great stays and flights. The trip costed us roughly upwards of 7,000USD. That does not include the wedding services we are using at "Legal Tahitian Wedding Company." We have decided just to get married within their City Hall. Preparation of the documents is the toughest part! We have to have them translated into French before we send them out. This package through the company is costing us 600USD. And the documents you need to pre-fill out and translate are here under Manuel Wedding:

www.tahiti-tourisme.co.nz/articles.php…

Here is more information:

“Legal Tahitian Wedding Company” can organize the following services for your legal wedding in French Polynesia:

Assistance with the preparation of all the administrative paperwork needed for o legal wedding in French Polynesia to be celebrated on the island of Moorea, Bora-Bora or Tahiti.

Verification for the completion of the documents and their accuracy.

Publication within the set time frame of your intent to marry in the local press (as required by French law).

Verification of accuracy by a certified translator of the required documents.

Setting of the time for the wedding ceremony with the local authorities.

Provision of the 2 required witnesses needed.

Setting up the floral decoration in the Town Hall.

Transportation to and from the hotel to the Town Hall.

Getting all other necessary arrangements in place for the ceremony as for the photographer, videographer, Tahitian singers and choir etc …

Wedding at the Town Hall : 55.000 xpf – All Taxes Included

Edited: 27 August 2010, 20:21
Boston
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
7. Re: Moorea, Tahiti Wedding

I am planning a destination wedding for our trip to Tahiti. We are going to the Intercontinental Moorea and Bora Bora. I am trying to decide which resort to get married at. We are going to Moorea first, so it would be nice to get married early on in the trip. I am skeptical though because I haven't seen any pictures of wedding ceremonies at the IC Moorea, only in Bora Bora. The price difference is also much lower in Moorea so I am wondering if that is because it is not as nice, or just because that island is less expensive in general.

SoCAL
Level Contributor
415 posts
51 reviews
8. Re: Moorea, Tahiti Wedding

I'd be interested to hear any feedback on the experiences any of you had with conducting a legal marriage in Moorea or Tahiti. I too have received information from Legal Tahitian Weddings and I'm interested in hearing if it was worth it, how the experience was, etc...

I hope the poster above comes back to TA and lets us know how it went!

Boston
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
9. Re: Moorea, Tahiti Wedding

We actually decided it wasn't worth the hassle to go through with the marriage there. We are still planning our honeymoon for this coming April, but we decided to get married here at home in the U.S.

Sydney
3 posts
1 review
10. Re: Moorea, Tahiti Wedding

Did anyone find a photographer in Moorea?

Reply to: Moorea, Tahiti Wedding
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted