We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Set Dinner Menu @ Sofitel Moorea

Toronto
4 posts
Save Topic
Set Dinner Menu @ Sofitel Moorea

Is it worth paying extra for the set dinner menu? Would love to get feedback on quality & selection of food for the set dinner menu at Sofitel Moorea.

many thanks!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Set Dinner Menu @ Sofitel Moorea

Not the most current info, but I can share what was in place in 2007 when we visited... the set menu rotated between two (Menu A was something like MWF, with Menu B on TuThSat, with the remaining day a buffet and little show).

It included two or three appetizers, three entrees, and two or three desserts. There was typically one fish, one meat, and one other (chicken/pasta). There was definitely a savings over the a la carte pricing, but it would probably depend on whether you eat a lot (or not). I find that I end up eating just breakfast buffet & then dinner typically (skipping lunch), so I'm really hungry by dinner. So it worked for me.

We had the option of using the credit against their "upscale" restaurant but didn't end up doing so - it was only open limited nights when we'd returned from excursions late.

Portion / quality-wise, we were pleasantly surprised. The portions were pretty substantial and I generally did not finish three courses.

It's a nice hotel - the morning sunrises over Tahiti are so pretty, the snorkeling is great, the staff is very sweet, and the spa is right on the water (so relaxing). Enjoy!

Toronto
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Set Dinner Menu @ Sofitel Moorea

Thanks BekaBoo7 ... great info.

3. Re: Set Dinner Menu @ Sofitel Moorea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 06:51