We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moorea only honeymoon?

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Moorea only honeymoon?

Hello- my FI and I are looking for Honeymoon for the 1st week of September. We def. want to go to FP. We were considering only staying in Moorea to save money and travel time. I like the Garden Bungalow w. pool and the OWB at the Moorea Pearl. If we do only Moorea is this a good place to stay the entire time on our modest budget. Will we "miss out" by not visiting other Islands? We have never been before...

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moorea only honeymoon?

Ia orana

great choice for teh island and a property.

By staying at the same resort , you can get the long stay discount there ( pay 5 nights stay 6).

Make sure to book the Dr michael poole's whale and dolphin tour and also pack a good pair of binoculars for your own private whale watching from your premium Overwater bungalow ( the regular overwater bungalow would only offer Love-Birds watching sincethese bungalows face the beach.

Nothing against ornithology believe me but the sight of those humpback whales a few hundred feet away is more exciting.

Meherioi

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,612 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moorea only honeymoon?

Hi mel:

I think your idea of just Moorea is a lovely one. This island is so picturesque! The beaches are also very nice. There is alot to do as well. You will find that staying in one place like Moorea will be less expensive and you will benefit by, most likely, getting a long stay rate which includes a free night. If you opt for the overwater at the Pearl, be advised that the regular overwaters face the resort, beach. The Premium face out into the lagoon. The garden with pool are very private and quite nice!

If you have alittle extra $ you may wish to explore staying on one of the Tuamotus for the wonderful snorkeling and diving. The Pearl Resorts have properties on Tikehau and Manihi. This area is only now gaining in popularity and is less expensive than places like Bora Bora.

I'm sure whatever you decide you will love Tahiti and her islands.

Congratulations!

sunny regards,

shully

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
3,956 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moorea only honeymoon?

Our first trip to FP was Moorea only, for ten days. It is gorgeous! Now we have been traveling to FP for almost 14 years, have seen many islands, but Moorea is still our "home," and where we spend most of our time. The advantage of staying on just one island is that you truly get to relax, kick back, find out more about a place... I say go for it!

Boston...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moorea only honeymoon?

We are also goining on our honeymoon to moorea around the same time you are! Congrats! We originally wanted to do bora bora and moorea but we just couldn't afford it right now so we decided to do 2 nights in tahiti and 5 nights in moorea. We decided we can save bora bora for an anniversary trip in the future. I have gotten really excited about going to moorea. It think it will be a perfect honeymoon spot with the perfect mix of relaxation and things to do! It saved us quite a bit of money by doing it this way. We also split up our stay between a garden bungalow and an overwater bungalow (at the sofitel) to help stretch the buget. Hope this helps!

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,826 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moorea only honeymoon?

Congratulations to both of you Live2travel & Melsie

Great choice of Island, Great choice of resort. I just got back from Moorea and staying at the Pearl. I could definitley stay in Moorea & at the Pearl only for a while. I had a Garden Bungalow with Pool.

Quite nice...........really quite nice

Moorea, the Pearl & the people are wonderful.

Regards

BO

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,314 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moorea only honeymoon?

Why not? Moorea is a good solid choice. Huahine would be another. Avoid Bora Bora and it's choking prices (fact) and development (relative) and you might be able to go back one dayif you wish.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Moorea only honeymoon?

Ia orana

Moorea by consensus seems to be ( along the choice of the Pearl resort) the best choice for you.

Enjoy !

Meherio

8. Re: Moorea only honeymoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 08:48