We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Tahiti direct JFK time of arrival in Tahiti?

New York City
Level Contributor
257 posts
2 reviews
Air Tahiti direct JFK time of arrival in Tahiti?

Hi

been looking at airlines and going to book on Air Tahiti Nui as soon as prices are out for our trip. Looked at the schedule and am I correct that the flight arrives in Papette at about 1:15am????? So, I should book one night at the Sofitel Tahiti and fly over to Moorea the next day for the Sofitel Moorea??? guess we will just do 9 nights on Moorea instead of 10. No flights or ferry at that time I assume??

anyone else take Air Tahiti from JFK/ time of arrival??

thanks again

Jackie

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,634 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Air Tahiti direct JFK time of arrival in Tahiti?

Hi kow:

Yes that Air Tahiti Nui flight arrives at 1:15am so you will need to get a room upon arrival. There aren't any ferrys or planes at that time of the night. Best to get a transfer to the hotel, and one night at the Sofitel and then take the flight or ferry over to Moorea in the a.m.

Sunny regards,

shully

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,112 posts
150 reviews
2. Re: Air Tahiti direct JFK time of arrival in Tahiti?

Ia orana Kow

Many passengers have taken the same flight you are going to take.

Not that many options or ways to beat the system...

you can consider to stay in town ( Le Mandarin by example) and enjoy a visit to the central market of papeete befopre taking the ferry to Moorea. keep in mind that most of the check in times will be after 1 Pm on Moorea nyway. make the most of your time.

Another couple of options worthy of a visit are :

http://www.fare-suisse.com/french/zimmer.php

http://www.tahitiairportmotel.com/tam.html

Enjoy FP

Meherio

New York City
Level Contributor
257 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Air Tahiti direct JFK time of arrival in Tahiti?

Boy you guys are quick!!!

thanks to all for the answers and ideas. Maybe you should all come with us in case we have questions while there!!

bye for now

JAckie

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,112 posts
150 reviews
4. Re: Air Tahiti direct JFK time of arrival in Tahiti?

Ia Orana

yes can do. i would even throw in a BBQ on Temae beach. That would cost you a bit though.

Thank you for the thought anyway and gald to help

meherio

5. Re: Air Tahiti direct JFK time of arrival in Tahiti?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 02:46