We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sofitel mini fridge question

New York City
Level Contributor
257 posts
2 reviews
Sofitel mini fridge question

Okay, so I know how ridiculously expensive the minibar items are. We usually go to the Caribbean and cruises and we have them empty out the fridge so we can put in our own sodas, beers, water etc. They always do this with no problems.

Do you think they will do that at the Sofitel for us??? Don't want to have to buy a cooler, ice and all that stuff when I have a fridge right there.

Thanks

Jackie

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,112 posts
151 reviews
1. Re: Sofitel mini fridge question

Ia orana

Collapsible cooler filled with the ice from teh machine will do the trick.

Some hotels frown upon removing items from the minibar...

meherio

New York City
Level Contributor
257 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Sofitel mini fridge question

Thanks Meherio,

you have been a big help with my questions. Had not thought of the collapsable cooler idea. Obviously there are ice machines free of charge at the hotels??? This is a great idea... did not want to be a "pushy tourist" and ask to remove the items if it is not really an acceptable request. Cooler we will do!!

Thanks again

JAckie

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,112 posts
151 reviews
3. Re: Sofitel mini fridge question

Ia Orana

You are very welcome!

Glad to bring a few years worth of travel experience to FP to assit.

meherio

New York City
Level Contributor
257 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Sofitel mini fridge question

Collapsable cooler it is!!

but.... how does the hotel feel about people buying tons of soda & beer and bringing it in???

We would probably buy a few six packs of local beer, soda and that fun premixed rum and fruit juice stuff I've been hearing about!!

Do they sell beer & soda in six packs, cases etc like they do in the USA??

Jackie

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
16 posts
5. Re: Sofitel mini fridge question

Since they are on the metric system, they sell 7-packs.

:-D

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,112 posts
151 reviews
6. Re: Sofitel mini fridge question

Ia Orana

6 packs is the international norm. You can even buy on the side of the road a six-pack of Moorea pineapple...

meherio

7. Re: Sofitel mini fridge question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 18:46