We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pearl Bay VS Intercontinental Moorea

Sydney
1 post
1 review
Pearl Bay VS Intercontinental Moorea

Can anyone advise which is the better hotel for my boyfriend and I to have romantic holiday? I have heard that Intercontinental is a bit run down and not real Overwater Bungalows but others say the beach and views at Pearl Bay are not up to much? Neither of their websites are very insightful. We want to snorkel, he wants to surf and we love food, so be great to near some restaurants...

Any advice much appreciated..

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,634 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Pearl Bay VS Intercontinental Moorea

Hi Hammock:

Let's see now, a romantic holiday! In Moorea there are many choices for beautiful resorts and nice sandy beaches. The Sheraton has the best beach for swimming and snorkeling in many peoples estimation. The rooms are very nice, especially overwater. The Intercontinental is a large resort with the dolphin quest. You are correct that only a few (five) of the overwater bungalows are actually all the way overwater. The rest are on small sandspits. The Sofitel has just reopened and the bungalows are all new and quite modern and nice inside. They also have a nice swimming beach. The Pearl Resort is popular with honeymooners as well. The Premium Overwater bungalows here face out into the lagoon, the regular overwaters face the shore. The garden bungalows with plunge pool are quite private and nice! Very popular catagory at this property. The resort is also within walking distance to many shops and a few restaurants to save $ by not having to eat at the resort all the time. The most popular surf spots seem to be over on the big island of Tahiti. I think if it were me I'd probably pick the Sheraton for the beach and snorkeling. The Pearl would be high on my list if I wanted to be close to some shops and restaurants. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions as many of us here have been to Tahiti many times.

sunny regards,

shully

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,112 posts
151 reviews
2. Re: Pearl Bay VS Intercontinental Moorea

Ia orana

The Pearl resort offers the best value for your money.

The access to the village of maharepa makes it also more attractive for those snack times or shopping excursions

meherior

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,864 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Pearl Bay VS Intercontinental Moorea

As stated, the Pearl has the best location because it's within walking distance of town. All the other hotels are pretty isolated and have VERY little within walking distance. But if you're going to have a car the whole time, then it doesn't matter.

4. Re: Pearl Bay VS Intercontinental Moorea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 00:47