We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach at Moorea Pearl?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Beach at Moorea Pearl?

Hello all,

Could anyone provide me with insight on the beach at the Moorea Pearl? Is it a good size? Is the water turqoise?

Many thanks as always!

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,612 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach at Moorea Pearl?

Hi LA:

The beach at the Pearl is nice and the water has that turquoise quality. This is a very popular property. The garden with pool bungalows are very nice as are the Premium overwater. The beach bungalows have alot of foot traffic in front of them though. The regular overwaters face the shore and not out into the lagoon. The resort is withing walking distance of many shops and places to eat. All in all, a great place to stay.

sunny regards,

shully

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach at Moorea Pearl?

Thank you, Shully! I was told that the water at this resort is not as turqoise as that of the Sofitel or Sheraton...is that true? Could you tell me which has the better beach? Ideally, we'd like to stay at a nice beach, but we don't want to be that isolated and far from the village...

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,612 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach at Moorea Pearl?

The Sheraton has the best beach and the best snorkeling in my estimation. There is no big town on Moorea so to speak. The Pearl is close to a shopping area/restaurants etc. The Sheraton would require a car rental or transfer to/from a restaurant which most places do quite easily. Have a fantastic time!

sunny regards,

shully

4. Re: Beach at Moorea Pearl?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 16:53