We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sharm Grand Plaza hotel

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Sharm Grand Plaza hotel

Firstly i have checked out the brilliant tips in blue; yet still have a few questions any advice would be fantastic..please.

1) Is it best to get travelers cheques or take sterling and change up in to E£?

2) what about using a debit card to withdraw cash at ATM,is it possible?

3) the mini fridge in hotel,A) are they good enough to store medicine in? b) are they pre -loaded with over priced drinks inside?

4) Are the hotel rooms safe really SAFE?!

thank you for reading!

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
5,074 posts
75 reviews
1. Re: Sharm Grand Plaza hotel

Hi

I would always advise taking sterling and changing once in resort.

You can use debit cards in ATM but ensure you let your bank know you are travelling abroad, otherwise they may block your card! Also ask how much they charge for withdrawals abroad.

I've never had any issue with hotel safes, you set your own pass key

Can't comment on the hotel I've never been there sorry

Karen

Edited: 25 July 2014, 22:35
London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2. Re: Sharm Grand Plaza hotel

thanks for your reply

Haverhill, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Sharm Grand Plaza hotel

Yes there are fridges in the room, from what i can remember they are empty, but if they are full just take the stuff out.

The safe's are free and work on a pin code set by yourself, as said by Karen

thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Sharm Grand Plaza hotel

As previously said the safes are fine as you set your own 6 digit code. The fridge is empty,fine for medicenes and keeping your free daily bottle of water cool. I'm not sure you can use travellers cheques,I always take sterling and change as needed at hotel.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
352 posts
5. Re: Sharm Grand Plaza hotel

Generally speaking, hotels are safe but you may want to reset the pin code of your room's safe just to make sure no one messes with it.

It is better to travel with British currency rather than travelers checks. Better than this is using your debit card to withdraw Egyptian money.

But in this case you should call your bank before you travel to make sure they won't block your card when you use it in Egypt and also beware of the exchange rates imposed by your bank when you withdraw money in Egypt.

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
6. Re: Sharm Grand Plaza hotel

thank you :-)

7. Re: Sharm Grand Plaza hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 09:46