We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quito conductor - hablante espanol - Abril 2013

UK
Level Contributor
331 posts
13 reviews
Quito conductor - hablante espanol - Abril 2013

Buscando un buen conductor (salvo y cuidado) para uno o dos días, tres personas, en Quito y alrededor. Hay muchas recomendaciones aquí para hablantes ingles pero para nosotros no es necesario.

Claro que todos hablan español pero previéremos distribuir las cosas más.

Gracias

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
11,333 posts
101 reviews
1. Re: Quito conductor - hablante espanol - Abril 2013

If you have chosen a hotel yet, they will probably know someone that will suit you. It would be against TA guidelines for a driver to post his contact info on the forum.

UK
Level Contributor
331 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Quito conductor - hablante espanol - Abril 2013

Azbuceadora there are spanish tourists here and other spanish speaking tourists who might be able to help. And when the same question has been asked for english speaking drivers the posts have reaped great rewards for many.

Asking the hotel I think is the equivalent of sticking a pin in the tel. directory.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
11,333 posts
101 reviews
3. Re: Quito conductor - hablante espanol - Abril 2013

In that case, try posting on the Spanish-language forum; you'll be casting your net wider that way.

Not sure I agree that a random contact on a travel forum is less risky than a known contact made through your hotel; the hotels in my experience work with reputable contractors.

UK
Level Contributor
331 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Quito conductor - hablante espanol - Abril 2013

Azbuceadora many thanks for that. Having seen many posts here in spanish and other languages I hadn't realised that there was a spanish language version. Sure I'll do better there.

ps Don't understand yr last paragraph. Surely the greatest value offered by this forum comes from the experience of other travellers? Not representatives of the industry who always have a vested interest.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
12,258 posts
155 reviews
5. Re: Quito conductor - hablante espanol - Abril 2013

Some TA posters who post frequently are bound to give you good experienced advice, while others can post and recommend themselves, under false id, which happens more often than you would wish. Others posters recommend because the TO is hanging over their shoulder telling them what to write or giving them something in return. Of course, if the same recommendation keeps coming up, consider all the sources and then make up your mind. I think assuming that TA is any more neutral than a hotel, might appear a little naive. I tend to be on another forum from a developing country and it is full of vested interest posts. It happens here frequently as well. You can tell by all the removed posts in a thread.

I find azbuceadora's posts to be honest, fair and well informed. I would not totally ignore her suggestions.

UK
Level Contributor
331 posts
13 reviews
6. Re: Quito conductor - hablante espanol - Abril 2013

Quilt it is very easy on TA to recognise true traveller posts and those breaking the rules advertising.

I also have found azbuceadora's posts to be honest and very useful, as when she pointed me to tripadvisor.es which I didn't know existed (having seen posts in spanish here).

But when from a valuable source you see potentially misleading info then I think it right that one may question it.

I was a few years back in Istanbul and the hotel recommended a driver. He was the brother of the manager. Did he have insurance for paying clients? No. Was it a great experience? No.

Recently here on TA an English speaking driver 'Lincoln' has been recommended by several authentic TA's. They describe the services he has offered in detail including costs and the security/comfort. Do I think he would be a bad choice for anyone wanting an English speaking driver? Abslutely not.

Even if a hotel has given good recommendations in the past the hotel staff will change and as you point out the tourist trade is as full, as many trades, of people wanting to make a buck. On that basis I'd beware relying on a hotel (accepting personal contacts with family run B&Bs referenced on TA can be an exception).

Edited: 04 November 2012, 21:18
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
12,258 posts
155 reviews
7. Re: Quito conductor - hablante espanol - Abril 2013

I doubt there was any intent to mislead. If you ask ahead from the hotel, then yku can also ask for references, talk to them, get the same details and answers to your questions, as I am sure you woud for a recommendation from TA. It appears we all have different experiences with sources and thus different perspectives of the value of those sources. Let's agree to disagree.

Hopefully the spanish platform will give you what you are looking for.

8. Re: Quito conductor - hablante espanol - Abril 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2013, 15:48
Get answers to your questions about Guayaquil