We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Infant Car Seats on Buses (Rovinj to Pula)

San Diego...
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Infant Car Seats on Buses (Rovinj to Pula)

We will be staying in Rovinj for a few days and plan to make a day trip to Pula.

We have a rental car reserved, but are thinking about delaying the car rental for a day if we can make it to Pula on a bus. That would save us the trouble (and $) of parking the car in Rovinj and in Pula, and a save us a day of rental too.

We will be traveling with an infant, so the question is: do you need safety car seats for your child on bus rides from Rovinj to Pula? or can the child just sit on your lap?

Also, I take advantage to ask the following:

- How many hours should we allocate to explore Pula?

- If we end up driving to Pula, how difficult is it to park your car in Pula?

Thanks!

6 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Infant Car Seats on Buses (Rovinj to Pula)

We stopped in Pula yesterday on our way from Plitvice National Park to Rovinj. Don't know for sure about car seats but based on the rest of the week or so we have spent in Croatia i doubt you would need them.

We spent less than two hours wandering around the waterfront and Arena. No queues and low crowds on a Thursday afternoon. It was plenty of time.

Street parking was easily available and 15 Kuna per hour.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Infant Car Seats on Buses (Rovinj to Pula)

Thanks SignalFamily18!

Is it that you saw infants on buses without car seats? Or what did you mean?

Bastar, India
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Infant Car Seats on Buses (Rovinj to Pula)

Never in my life i saw infant in car seat in bus. You can take him to sit in your lap

San Diego...
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Infant Car Seats on Buses (Rovinj to Pula)

Neither have I. But then I read the FAQs of a bus company with a route from Rovinj to Pula (FlixBus - https://global.flixbus.com/service/faq) where they state:

"Young children between 0 and 3 years old must be transported in child seats. These must be secured during travel using the seatbelt provided on the bus. The child seat must be secured with a two-point seatbelt and are to be brought by the child’s guardian."

That's why I am asking about people's experience.

Bastar, India
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Infant Car Seats on Buses (Rovinj to Pula)

Flixbus don't have any buses at all. They're in cooperation with local companies and they just resell tickets for them.

That route is driven by company "Brioni Pula" amd you wont have any problem

San Diego...
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Infant Car Seats on Buses (Rovinj to Pula)

Thanks PeroVoj!

Reply to: Infant Car Seats on Buses (Rovinj to Pula)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rovinj
Recent Conversations