We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from Porec using public transport, bus.

Kilmarnock, Scotland
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips from Porec using public transport, bus.

My partner and I are staying in the Hotel Pical, Porec, Croatia for two weeks next summer. We are very active and I fear that there will not be enough to do in Porec for two weeks, so I am planning on hiring a car or going by bus on day trips to the surrounding area.

Could anyone tell me how long it takes to get the following areas by public transport, also is it reliable? Also does anyone know the bus companies name so that I can find a timetable on the web?

Pula

Rovinj

Brujini Islands

Umag

Buje

Motovun

Many Thanks for your help>

Tom Murray

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Day trips from Porec using public transport, bus.

we are going to the hotel pical early may and were wondering what the weather is like in porec that time of the year thank you

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
6,512 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Day trips from Porec using public transport, bus.

Smith, early May is my favourite time to visit Istria - we go that time each year, along with sometime in the autumn.

Early May can be variable from warm to hot with cooler evenings. Just take along a couple of sweaters or a light jacket. You may have some rain, you may not. Just be prepared for variable weather just like everywhere else.

How many nights are you staying at Pical?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Day trips from Porec using public transport, bus.

Hello , we are going to the Hotel Pical too !! We are going on the 22nd May , i've heard some not quite good things about the hotel , does any one know any differant ????

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
6,512 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Day trips from Porec using public transport, bus.

Hotel Pical is where I go for my massages. It is in a very good location close to the water. I cannot comment on the rooms as I have not stayed there. I do know It is not known for its food. If you have a vehicle there are tons of excellent places to eat in Porec and the surrounding area.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Day trips from Porec using public transport, bus.

thank you chefathome for your reply. When you say its not known for its food , do you mean its known for its food being bad ? or just not very croatian ?

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
6,512 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Day trips from Porec using public transport, bus.

I have heard from people who work there that the food is alright but not particularly local/regional. But as I have not eaten there myself I cannot say. Let me put it this way. We've been to Croatia two months a year for several years and we have yet to hear anyone recommend it (and we have more friends/know more people there than we do here in Canada). No one has said anything either way about it (except staff like I mentioned).

Mauchline...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Day trips from Porec using public transport, bus.

Hi Everyone,

Wow thanks for all of your input. I’ve just logged on again and found them, thanks.

Chefathome many thanks for your extensive list of things to do. My partner and I are very active and I was a bit worried that there would not be enough to do, however your message has convinced me otherwise!

My partner and I will spend an evening or two looking at your recommendations and get together a travel itinery.

Towerofflower also many thanks for your extensive list of car hire companies…. We have picked Vetura who are based in Porec. So far we have had great communication with them and they seem really professional….as you may remember our tour operator wanted to charge £270.00 for four days car hire, however Vetura have given us 5 days for £201.00/1850 Kuna so it was well worth your advice. They are also delivering the car to the reception at the Hotel Pical and picking it up from there too….result!

Thanks Again everyone, I will post again and let you know how we got on.

PS I've logged on using Facebook..my Trip Advisor avatar is BiggusDickus

Edited: 26 April 2012, 17:30
18. Re: Day trips from Porec using public transport, bus.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2013, 14:49
Get answers to your questions about Porec