We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets

St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
87 reviews
46 helpful votes
Tickets
Save

I booked our trip from the UK to Slovenia last year. I added in a couple of days in Zagreb with a day trip to Plitvice. Since then they have introduced the Advanced ticket system which I discovered today, we're visiting tomorrow.

As its a two and a half hour journey from Zagreb I'm worried there won't be any tickets left. Has anyone been and bought them on the day.

I'm so upset. I've been so looking forward to this trip. Thank you.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
14,062 posts
16 reviews
18 helpful votes
1. Re: Tickets
Save

I've no recent experience so cannot say. After looking up various websites it appears you MAY still be able to get tickets but it is quite possible you won't as September at Plitvice is still considered high season...unless the daily quota of 10,000 people isn't reached and they aren't sold out. It seems online booking is the only way to go.

I really hope for your sake you are able to get in. You hate to drive all the way there only to discover you can't get in, thereby "wasting" a precious travel day when you could do something else. Zagreb is a great city, by the way.

Please let us know either way...this sort of information is invaluable to others.

Good luck!

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
23,762 posts
686 reviews
313 helpful votes
2. Re: Tickets
Save

Dunno when do you arrive, but for most terms there are still available tickets, at least for the Entrance no 2

http://oa.rao.hr:8051/#/dashboard

Sydney
Level Contributor
21,798 posts
3. Re: Tickets
Save

Out of curiosity I also juts checked their website. There are still heaps of tickets available, especially from entrance 2. If you are desperate to see Plitvice, I would risk it, but I would get up very early and be at the entrance around opening time.

It is late September and it would not be as busy as in July and August. I think you should be OK.

Either way, please let us know what you decide to do and especially if you go, what happens.

If you are not desperate to see Plitvice, I suggest a visit to Samobor, Trakoscan Castle and Varazdin. That would also be a nice day.

And good luck whatever you decide to do.

Edited: 2 years ago
St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
87 reviews
46 helpful votes
4. Re: Tickets
Save

Thank you for your replies. We're going to try. I'll let you know how it goes.

Sydney
Level Contributor
21,798 posts
5. Re: Tickets
Save

I really hope it works out for you.

Good luck again.

Puerto Morelos...
1 post
6. Re: Tickets
Save

Did you get in? We are planning to go tomorrow, but did not realize tickets must be bought in advance/online.

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
23,762 posts
686 reviews
313 helpful votes
7. Re: Tickets
Save

On the pop up window says:

We strongly recommend purchasing tickets online to ensure your entry to the Park.

If you don't have a ticket, click here to check number of tickets available at Park entrances.

http://oa.rao.hr:8051/#/dashboard

For tomorrow there are still enough tickets available

Sydney
Level Contributor
21,798 posts
8. Re: Tickets
Save

Yes michelle, please let us know if you got in.

9. Re: Tickets

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2020, 10:11
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.