We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking for a 2 hour visit

New Haven...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Parking for a 2 hour visit

We plan to visit this beautiful park while driving from Zagreb on our way to Zadar.

What is the best place to park for a 2 to 3 hous to explore rout A?

Thank you

7 replies to this topic
S S
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2,309 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Parking for a 2 hour visit

Program A starts from entrance 1. Use the parking lot across the street from the entrance. I havent done route A but it looks like it doesnt cover very much of the park. I highly recommend taking a couple more hours for route C, also from entrance 1.It includes the great fall and both upper & lower lakes. It takes about 4-5 hours.

https:/…

Edited: 21 October 2018, 00:29
Level Contributor
40 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Parking for a 2 hour visit

Route abcdefg...? :) this sound like you never been there and you are giving advice. Dont make more confusion, please.

Park your car at entrance 2, go on small boat, then big one and continue to big waterfall. When you finish it climb up and follow signs for train station 1. From there catch train to station 2 and there close will be your car. This takes 2.5 hours. Clear enough?

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
17,983 posts
170 reviews
3. Re: Parking for a 2 hour visit

S S has given you excellent advise. If you only want to do route A, park at entrance 1. Route A only covers lower lakes including the big fall. If you can allocate 4-5 hours, I agree that you should do route C. It cover lower and upper lakes. You would be catching the boat across Kozjak Lake and shuttle bus from the top, ie end of route C.

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb
Level Contributor
8,844 posts
525 reviews
4. Re: Parking for a 2 hour visit

andrej s, routes A, B, C etc are described at Park's web page and people here at the Forum often ask for a recommendation which one to take - depending on how much they have, which offer best possibilities for taking pics, which are more or less difficult for an older person or someone with dissabilities...

S S
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2,309 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: Parking for a 2 hour visit

What is possibly unclear about my straightforward response? I have visited and completed route C (or program C as its referred to on the Plitvice website, which I attached a link to along with my post) Route/Program are interchangeable terms for the walking paths at Plitvice. Maybe you haven't seen the Plitvice web site Andrej? If you had you would not recommend for someone to start at the opposite entrance which makes no sense at all. Who's giving confusing advise?

Level Contributor
40 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: Parking for a 2 hour visit

Well I have been there at least 500 times that why I say dont reccomend if you dont know it well... it is not imbaressing not to know, it is worst to give advice if you dont know.

Level Contributor
40 posts
12 reviews
7. Re: Parking for a 2 hour visit

Tarik about those rutes I was making joke becouse it is most confusing way to visit park, to follow those routes. If you have map in front of you, upper and lower lakes, you see where train and where boats go, easy to orientate and to make best plan without those rutes. All of them have some bad sides. Arround every lake is possibility to go left or right, if you start from upper ones you will reach boat no matter how you go, same thing if you start from lower ones. He asked for 2-3 hours option, this was one, other one can be just to see upper lakes.

Reply to: Parking for a 2 hour visit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Plitvice Lakes...