We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 itineraries in Plitvice Lakes?

Livorno, Italy
Level Contributor
155 posts
314 reviews
2 itineraries in Plitvice Lakes?

We will visit Plitvice Lakes in 2 weeks. We are planning to arrive early in the morning at Entrance 1 and take program C. It seems we will be back at Entrance 1 around noon: since we have still some flexibilityand could spend a second night in the area, would it make sense to take a longer itinerary? If yes, which one? I was looking at program K: I see it is all walking, but from the point of view of sightseeing, is it worth it (with respect to C).

Otherwise we could change completely, arrive in the afternoon at entrance 1 and take route C after 4 pm, when the tickets get cheaper: when is it better, early morning or late afternoon? Thanks a lot for your advice.

4 replies to this topic
S S
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: 2 itineraries in Plitvice Lakes?

We did route C from entrance 1 mid week, mid July at opening. Easy to park as very few people there. It took us just under 5 hours at a leisurely pace. It was perfect In our opinion as it includes lower & upper lakes and the great fall. We avoided most of the crowds...a couple of times later on in the morning, when more people were on the path we just moved over and let them go, then it was peaceful again. We bought sandwich fixings at a store nearby in the morning and ate our lunch while we waited for the boat. Cant comment on any other route or what its like after 4pm as we have only been once. We loved it and would not have changed anything.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
17,967 posts
170 reviews
2. Re: 2 itineraries in Plitvice Lakes?

I would not spend 2nd night at Plitvice. There are better places to see than extra time at Plitvice. You can do Plitvice easily wiht juts 1 night.

If you want to spend more time there, do route K. I did a small part of it and wasn't that impressed and turned back. I did the walk around the big lake (Kozjak) instead, northern side, as I wanted to spend more time there after completing route C. That was really nice and hardly anybody on it as everybody just chooses the boat crossing. I did the boat crossing as well earlier.

Livorno, Italy
Level Contributor
155 posts
314 reviews
3. Re: 2 itineraries in Plitvice Lakes?

Thank you. Concerning route C, do you think it is better early morning or late afternoon?

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
17,967 posts
170 reviews
4. Re: 2 itineraries in Plitvice Lakes?

It is much better to do it as soon as the park opens. If you cannot do it first thing, do it as late as you can. Keep in mind though that the shuttle bus stops running around the time the park is due to close. You don't want to be caught having to walk all the way to entrance 1 from the top.

Reply to: 2 itineraries in Plitvice Lakes?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Plitvice Lakes...