We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plitvice tour program

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
127 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Plitvice tour program

Hi,

We are a couple that is planning to visit the Plitvice Lake on August 13th.

We are driving from Opatija the Plitvice and I heard that it is better to arrive around the opening hours.

We need to know what is the recommended program that will include many green nature and waterfalls. That will not be just walking, but other transportations.

In addition, I need your advice for a dining place in the park itself. What do you recommend?

It can be any snack-bar or/and a fast-food place.

Is the parking in the park safe? Can we leave our luggage in the car?

Thanks in advance

BR

Fouad

2 replies to this topic
Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plitvice tour program

https:/… - program C.

Aim to be at the park as early as possible, ahead of the tour buses that should arrive around 10.

Food - nothing to recommend. Horrible quality. Definitely pack a picnic basket.

I would never ever leave visible luggage in the car, no matter how safe it might be. There is free luggage storage at the entrance.

Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plitvice tour program

We just visited the park in July. If it’s possible for you to stay the previous nights near Plitvice, it will make an early start easier. We started at 8 am, and the crowd was not too bad. My family did route C in approximately 4,5 hours.

We did not eat in the park at all, but instead we had a nice lunch in restaurant Degenija, which was not too far away by car.

Reply to: Plitvice tour program
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Plitvice Lakes...