We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Makarska

Sanremo, Italy
3 posts
Save Topic
Makarska

Is Makarska suitable for holiday makers of an approximate age of late 60's

Mentioned in this post
Makarska
Makarska
Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
9 replies to this topic
Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
16,722 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Makarska

Yes

Level Contributor
645 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Makarska

Last year when I stayed on the Makarska Riviera in Sept-Oct about 80% of people there were over 60.

Mentioned in this post
Makarska
Makarska
Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb
Level Contributor
6,267 posts
464 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Makarska

I would say yes - but you need to adjust the time when to come, and where to stay, to your health and physical fitness condition. July and August can be unpleasantly hot - and even if nowadays most of the accommodation has airco units, you still need to go out sometime.

Also, it would be better staying in e.g. Hotel Osejava or Meteor which are close to the beach, than in, say, some privately owned apartment up on the hill.

http://makarska-info.hr/en/

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Osejava
Hotel Osejava
330 Reviews
Makarska, Croatia
Ston, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Ston, Slano, Peljesac Peninsula, Mostar, Herzegovina-Neretva Canton
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Makarska

As you are from Italy you know what the weather is going to be like. I'm in my late 60s too, and I think Makarska is a lovely place to visit outside the July and August period, when like everywhere else it is crammed with people.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Makarska
Makarska
5. Re: Makarska

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2018, 18:20
Edited: 17 April 2018, 18:20

6. Re: Makarska

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2018, 18:20

Makarska, Croatia
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Makarska

yes if they come in pre and post seaason; in middle its to crowded for them. podgora and tucepi are better option for me :)

10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Makarska

Im going this september2018 fingers crossed for nice weather ..

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb
Level Contributor
6,267 posts
464 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Makarska

September is often lovely there. Don't miss visiting the Mt Biokovo Nature Park

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Biokovo
Hotel Biokovo