We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach food options

London, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Beach food options

Hi, we are visiting Hvar for the first time this summer. When on holiday, we usually dont take food with us to the beach as there are normally restuarants, snack bars etc close by where you can easily buy food & drink.

Having looked at beaches in and near Hvar, it seems most are secluded bays or coves, with no food facilities. Is this correct? If so, i assume my best option is to pack a cool bag etc in my suitcase and prepare picnics to take tot he beach with us each day?

Personally, i would always prefer the convenience of eating in a snack bar or restaurant. Can anyone recommend beaches that have these facilities? Similarly, not a big fan of sitting on pebbles if there is an option to hire a sun bed!!

4 replies to this topic
S S
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2,238 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Beach food options

The beach directly in front of Amfora Grand Resort has sunbeds you can rent. They are pricey though. There are a couple of restaurants right on the rocks beside the beach. We had a meal and loved it there. One of my favorite memories of Hvar was spending the day at this small beach. I recommend getting there early to get a beach bed. We were there at 9am and by 11 it was getting very full. There is also a very pricey Beach Club beside the beach. It looked very nice but personally wouldn't spend the money to go there. To each their own.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
58 reviews
2. Re: Beach food options

Jerolim island has two bars, the Amo and the Kordovan. Kordovan is more rustic but has a wonderful ambience.

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
2,683 posts
520 reviews
3. Re: Beach food options

Do you mean Hvar town? Will you have a car?

Soline beach in Vrboska has a good beach cafe. I always head for quieter coves with no facilities, of which there are many, with a cool bag.

All the kiosks close to the beach sell folded padded mats quite cheaply for use on the pebbles or your accommodation may well supply these.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
7,071 posts
77 reviews
4. Re: Beach food options

if you are buying lunches every day it will mount up in Hvar. I always take food - a small cold bag and freeze a water bottle over night.

Reply to: Beach food options
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hvar
Recent Conversations