We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good English speaking guide ?

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
13 reviews
Good English speaking guide ?

Plan a day cost on the train from Xian, any reccomdations for a guide and itinery for a day costing 2nd week in septemb er.All advice welcome

6 replies to this topic
Xi'an, China
Level Contributor
201 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Good English speaking guide ?

You may take bullet train from Xian to Luoyang, hire a taxi from Luoyang train station to the Longmen Grottoes, they should have guide speaking English on site of Longmen grottoes, or using audio guide.

If it is hard, then you may have a guide with you from Xi;an to Luoyang.

Not sure if your question is about going to visit Luoyang since the thread is shown at HenNan section related to Luoyang where the best spot is Longmen grottoes holding fantastic Buddhist cravings from Tang dynasty

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Good English speaking guide ?

Yes question is about a visit to Louyang. Thinking of the Longman grotto's and lunch in Louyang and white horse temple. Trying go keep traveling time down as we plan to visit from Xian on the train for the day.

Zhengzhou, China
Level Contributor
142 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Good English speaking guide ?

I am a local guide who can be helpful, please contact me , we can talk by email.

Zhengzhou, China
Level Contributor
142 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Good English speaking guide ?

also suggest have a look of an ancient town with a local market, and maybe shaolin temple with the night show inside the real gorge, nature with culture show.

Level Contributor
20 posts
5. Re: Good English speaking guide ?

Hi interested in your. Can you email me? Declanoc07@hotmail.com thanks

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: Good English speaking guide ?

We found Lisa on this forum when I was searching tour guide in Luoyang. I want to thank the previous review contributors who have recommended Lisa. I emailed Lisa and got a response right away. I explained what I need and she quickly recommended what we should do in Luoyang, Shaolin etc. We were in Luoyang only a little over half day. She had us visit Longmen Grottoes, drove us to Shaolin and spend the night in Shaolin (the city is called Dengfeng), then drove us to a hotel in Zhengzhou the next day. She met us at the airport exit with a welcome sign. Her buick van is clean and roomy for our luggage and everybody. When we landed in Luoyang last week, it started to rain. She took us to a local store to buy umbrella and shoe covers (thank God, the shoe covers saved my nice rockport shoes from being ruined). I have never seen such shoe covers in US.

Her English is perfect and did a great job guiding us through the Grottoes, and Shaolin temple. The highlight was that she took us to a nice local restaurant packed with the locals so we got a real taste of Henan cuisine. That is one of the best lunches we had in China. Her service fees are extremely reasonable. I am very impressed by her knowledge and ease working with the westerners. You will be in good hands of Lisa. Her email is woaibaby0918@163.com. Her cell phone is 011-86-13643793760. It is really easier to connect her via wechat as long as you have wi-fi. Her wechat account is her cell phone 13643793760.

Reply to: Good English speaking guide ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted