We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laojun Mountain or Yuntai Mountain

Singapore
Level Contributor
412 posts
176 reviews
Laojun Mountain or Yuntai Mountain

Laojun looks very nice - is it nicer than yuntai and worth a trip for an overnight trip to watch the sunrise?

I gather I can stay near the peak overnight and do so? anywhere I can book the hotel or recommendations?

thanks

6 replies to this topic
Singapore
Level Contributor
412 posts
176 reviews
1. Re: Laojun Mountain or Yuntai Mountain

where would you take such a picture - seems to be somewhere far away than the Laojun Mountain itself?

…mp.itc.cn/upload/20170612/74f1c3d436d147d78…

…mp.itc.cn/upload/20170612/cd062f20b6f9414b9…

…360doc.com/DownloadImg/…77595331_1

Edited: 09 July 2017, 21:59
Singapore
Level Contributor
412 posts
176 reviews
2. Re: Laojun Mountain or Yuntai Mountain

Anyone can recommend a place to stay up on the mountains most convenient to stay overnight to catch sunrise with little hiking? (ctrip link would be useful)

thanks

Singapore
Level Contributor
412 posts
176 reviews
3. Re: Laojun Mountain or Yuntai Mountain

i went Laojun mountain but apparently foreigners cannot put up in hotels here for national security reason

but it was breathtaking - i actually like it more than huashan

Summit, New Jersey
8 posts
4. Re: Laojun Mountain or Yuntai Mountain

I plan to visit Laojun in June but my travel agent said foreigners were not allowed to visit. Did you encounter any problem during your visit? Do you think it is better than Yuntain Mountain? Thanks.

Hong Kong, China
1 post
5. Re: Laojun Mountain or Yuntai Mountain

I saw the poster of Louyang Mountains at the airport when my family and I arrived in Zhougzhou, and instantly wanted to go there. After a few days we gather some feiends for the 2.5 hour drive. We stayed in a nice hotel. At the gates of the mountains were more police than tourist if you can imagine that. As soon as I (Brown American), my Chinese wife and friends and my 2 mixed children stepped out of the car the police swammed around us, telling Chinese friends to take us out of here; "we can't come in cause it's a special place with Chinese secrets". Other Chinese tourist had gathered around like there was a Cicada lunch special, just looking and pointing and marveling our difference...I mean right in our faces like we were aliens in their own personal experiment, or like they were trying to figure out how to make a meal our of us.

They asked which hotel we were staying at so they could go and search our rooms and penalize the hotel for allowing our stay. The hotels GM befriended me during dinner and a few drinks, so we didn't tell them (and likewise, I won't mention it here). The (4 star) hotel and staff were very nice but mentioned nothing about restrictions, neither did some of the other tourist (who just came up to look at my children and hold lengthy conversations).

There are thousands of hotels and motels all around and especially as you get closer to the entrance, but most are dives.

If you find yourself turned away as we were, dont dispare, it's China but and another 40 minute drive away is the Longmen Caves... spectacular!! You'll forget all about the previous experience (until they tell you "foreigners can't have he special diwcounted ticket price" which Chinese enjoy). Full price is just 100Yuan + 10yuan for a one-way shuttle ride to entrance.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
6. Re: Laojun Mountain or Yuntai Mountain

Wait what!??? I arrived in Luoyang today to see Laojun Mountain. I'm American. I can't go see the mountain temple at all? So.e reviews say I can not stay over night in the hotels..... Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Edited: 07 August 2018, 16:09
Reply to: Laojun Mountain or Yuntai Mountain
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted