We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Highly recommended - Luoyang tour guide

Den Helder, The...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Highly recommended - Luoyang tour guide

After visiting Xi'an and Shaanxi Province, I went to Luoyang to visit Longmen Grottoes, White Horse Temple and Shaolin Temple. Since I didn't speak Chinese, I decided to ask 'Spring' (a private tour guide) to bring me to the desired places. Spring's deep knowledge of the grottoes and the other sites helped me to have a better understanding. 'Spring' was a careful driver and he brought me safely with his new car to all the sites. He is also very knowledgable and has a pleasant personality. A very positive thing is his prompt replies to all my inquiries. I am so glad to have him as my tour guide: so convenient. When you need a guide, his e-mail address is 454087616@qq.com

21 replies to this topic
Bogo, Philippines
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Highly recommended - Luoyang tour guide

My wife and I toured Luoyang this past April, 2017. We contacted Spring to be our guide for the second time. The first time, we went to the LongMen Grottoes, but missed seeing The White Horse Temple because it was closed. We really enjoyed the White Horse Temple, especially since an unexpected attraction had been added. Thailand Buddhists contributed several beautiful temples, statues, and walkways.

After The White Horse Temple visit, Spring recommended a superb restaurant for lunch. We especially enjoyed the fish. We spent the afternoon with a little more sightseeing and a lot of shopping. Spring's professional attitude and friendly concern for our needs was a real plus.

We strongly recommend Spring's service as a local tour guide with a private car!

1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Highly recommended - Luoyang tour guide

Our family of 6 toured the Shaolin Temple and Luoyang Grottoes with Spring a couple of weeks ago. We highly recommend Spring as a guide. He is knowledgable, organised, very responsive to emails and requests and has a happy and pleasant personality. Spring made our trip very enjoyable and memorable. We have toured extensively in China and Spring is one of the best guides we have had. Both Shaolin Temple and Luoyang Grottoes are amazing and should not be missed.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Highly recommended - Luoyang tour guide

Spring picked me and my sister up with his car from the railway station in the morning. We were talking several weeks before the trip and when some changes in time etc occured , Spring had no problem adjusted the program for us. His car was very clean and comfortable , and Sping was extremely careful as a driver.

Very friendly and always with a wonderful smile, he took us to every sight we asked him to. Firstly, we visited White Horse Temple, then LongMen Grottoes and finally Shaolin Temple. Everything was amazing!

Spring even arrranged for a car to pick us up the next morning and take us to the train station without asking for more money!

So nice person and guide, I unquestionably recommend him!

Sofia, Bulgaria
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Highly recommended - Luoyang tour guide

Based on the above recommendations my husband and I contacted Spring and he organized our tour to the Shaolin Temple and the Longmen Grottoes. He picked up us from our hotel in Luoyang earlier this morning and we had a wonderful day with him. He took care of us during the whole trip. He is very kind, friendly and helpful. Besides the stories he told us about the points of interest, he also answered to a lot of other questions we ask him on different topics that are of interest for us. His speaks good English and our communication with him was a pleasure for us. We were very excited of our tour!

We would strongly recommend Spring to foreigners who don't speak Chinese and have plans to visit tourist attractions near Luoyang.

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Highly recommended - Luoyang tour guide

We contacted Spring requesting a car and driver for the Shaolin Temple and Longmen Grottoes.

He was prompt to respond and communication (written & spoken English) with him was easy.

The driver he provided was punctual and attentive and car was in good order & very comfortable.

Afterwards, i emailed Spring for some advice re: forward travel plans & again he was prompt to respond & his advice was good.

We would happily recommend Spring to assist with any travel plans.

Save Reply
6. Re: Highly recommended - Luoyang tour guide

I visit Luoyang with my Wife and daughter. My days in Luoyang was from 18th to 21st June 2017. Spring makes our visit awesome. He give us well planned itinerary. He is dedicated and well knowledgeable tour guide. His suggestion to Yuntai Mountain is one of the remarkable place that we should not miss.

1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Highly recommended - Luoyang tour guide

I contacted Spring in June 2017 hoping to find a driver (I didn't need a guide) to take me from Luoyang into the southern part of Shanxi Province to visit the villages of Xiangyu (湘峪), Guoyu (郭峪) and the historic Huangcheng Chancellor's Castle (皇城相府). The drive was 2 hours each way and for the record, these places are stunning, fairly quiet and well worth visiting if you get a chance.

Spring was more than happy to arrange the driver for me, who picked me up early from my hostel and drove across the Yellow River and through some amazing mountain passes to visit the villages.

Spring called me the day before to confirm, contacted me during the day to ensure everything was going well, and afterwards to make sure we returned on time.

Spring was knowledgeable, helpful, and the driver he provided was excellent. Would happily return to Henan and engage Spring's assistance in the future :-)

Boston...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Highly recommended - Luoyang tour guide

On July 29, 2017, our family (parents and 3 sons, ages 9,13 and 15) visited the Longman Grottos and the Shaolin Temple with Spring as our guide. We had a wonderful day trip from Xian! Spring is attentive, considerate and kind. It was easy to communicate with him and he went out of his way to make sure our day went smoothly - from the amazing Grottos we drove to the Shaolin Temple and saw the Kung Fu show, which our children enjoyed very much. Spring made sure we got good seats and got us back to the train station in time to grab some food for our trip back to Xian. We highly recommend Spring - an excellent tour guide and a very nice person.

9. Re: Highly recommended - Luoyang tour guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2017, 07:07

Bogotá...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Highly recommended - Luoyang tour guide

I highly recommend Spring as a tour guide. His prices are reasonable (I've lived in China for three years and have travelled somewhat), he is flexible and accomodates to your needs, he is punctual and has a good English level. We went to the Longmen Caves, the Luoyang Museum (quite good) and the Shaolin Temple.

Reply to: Highly recommended - Luoyang tour guide
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted