We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Huangshan on 9/10th June. Help with hotels & trails.

3 posts
Save Topic
Huangshan on 9/10th June. Help with hotels & trails.

Hi,

I'm planning to travel solo to Huangshan. I plan to reach on 8th by bus. Then I want to take the cable to Beihai Hotel next morning.

1. Are there direct buses from Shanghai to Tangkou? Or will I have to transfer? Also could you recommend some hostel to stay in Tangkou? Are the hostels near the cable?

2. I want to take the cable to Beihai Hotel. Which cable should I take? Would they know the english names?

3. Also are directions clear enough to know which route to take after the cable? Or otherwise. I'm interested in the sunset and the fairy stairs. Will the staff be able to guide me well?

Mentioned in this post
Huangshan
Huangshan
Anhui, China
Beihai Hotel
Beihai Hotel
394 Reviews
Huangshan, China
Shanghai
Shanghai
Shanghai Region, China
Hostels in Huangshan
Old Street Youth Hostel
Old Street Youth Hostel
#1 of 38 Speciality lodging in Huangshan
Koala Huangshan International Youth Hostel
Koala Huangshan International Youth Hostel
#2 of 38 Speciality lodging in Huangshan
Ancient Town Youth Hostel
Ancient Town Youth Hostel
#3 of 38 Speciality lodging in Huangshan
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
44,469 posts
824 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Huangshan on 9/10th June. Help with hotels & trails.

There are no hotels in Tangkou near the cable car, you need to take a relatively short ride.

There will be no English there and no staff to help you in any case. The signage is reasonably clear.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
11,422 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Huangshan on 9/10th June. Help with hotels & trails.

For English language information on Huangshan trails, google the internet and print out maps and any other useful information you can find. While there is dual language signage on the mountain, you're on your own as to how you want to handle the hiking. Expect zero help from Beihai Hotel or any other staff up there. You need to take as little as possible up the mountain with you--you can leave your excess luggage in a Tangkou hotel or at Left luggage at the Tangkou bus station. It's just impossible to hike all the stairs that you have to at Huangshan with more than a tiny daypack.

To get to the Beihai Hotel, the Yungu (Cloud Valley) cable car probably leaves you with the shortest hike from upper station to hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Huangshan
Huangshan
Anhui, China
Beihai Hotel
Beihai Hotel
394 Reviews
Huangshan, China
3. Re: Huangshan on 9/10th June. Help with hotels & trails.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2017, 10:47