We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel Shanghai to Huangshan in June

Boston...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
travel Shanghai to Huangshan in June

Hello, thanks in advance for your help. I am planning to take the fast train from Shanghai Wednesday morning the last week in June, which would put me in Huangshan cit around 1:15. I know it is a 70 or 90 minute bus ride to Tangkou. If I try to take the Yungu cable car up that afternoon, and plan to stay the night up top at Beihai, do you think I have enough time? Can anyone tell me if it will be so crowded waiting for the cable car that I might not be able to get up and then lose my reservation? I read the cable cars stop running at 4:30.

The next day I hope to hike around Huangshan, hike down, and go to the hot springs. Does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel to stay in for that evening? The next day I would either go visit Hongcun and spend the night or train back to Shanghai. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Shanghai
Shanghai
Shanghai Region, China
Huangshan
Level Contributor
314 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel Shanghai to Huangshan in June

The cable car queue is not as crowded waiting long as you expected during weekdays. As for hotels, there are so many to choose, read the tripadvisor forums and you can choose the one you are favorite for.

2. Re: travel Shanghai to Huangshan in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2017, 10:47