We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Battambang to Bangkok

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Battambang to Bangkok

Does anyone know of any good coach services to use for this journey (or ones to avoid)? And also if they are direct or will I have to cross the border by foot and get a separate service, what visas I might need to prepare for the journey? I'm a UK citizen traveling across in December 2016.

Many thanks in advance!

5 replies to this topic
Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
4,196 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Battambang to Bangkok

Best bet;

Shard taxi to Palin, tuk tuk to border, walk across the border, ,tuk tuk to Pong Nam Ron bus station

bus to Bangkok

UK passport u'lll get a 30days visa exempt stamp or get a FREE tourist visa in Phnom Pehn.

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,566 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Battambang to Bangkok

Private taxi from Battambang to Poi Pet $25, from the roundabout (stamp out of Cambodia) cross the road to your left and head to the Thai Immigration Building. Grab an arrival and declaration form from the table to your left before heading up the stairs to your right.

If you are there early enough you should be in the line inside the building.

After the Thai officials have finished scratching and conversing and you’ve been given your free 30-day Visa Exemption, exit and head up the road to the Rongkleu Market on your right.

From here you should see Vans parked just around the corner.

An Air Aran Pattana Van will take you to Ekamai (The Eastern Bus Terminal Bangkok and a short walk to the Ekamai BTS) via BKK for under 200 Baht.

Have fun

Bournemouth, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Battambang to Bangkok

Hi Sheridanmac - we are doing the border crossing from Battambang to Bangkok in a few days and wonder if you could post your experience from December? Thanks!

Israel
Level Contributor
27 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Battambang to Bangkok

Did you do the crossing already? We plan to do it in a day or 2 with kids so would like to hear feedback. Thanks

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
4,196 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Battambang to Bangkok

there are NO BUS'S Batt- Palin border, or Batt- Poi Pet border... No reason to deal with Poi Pet....u need take a shared taxi from Batt to border as i stated above

For Thailand

FREE 3o day visa EXEMPT stamp or apply for a visa in Phnom Penh for $40 good for 60 days

Reply to: Battambang to Bangkok
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Battambang