We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving VCP from the US, Uber to Jardins Advice?

Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Arriving VCP from the US, Uber to Jardins Advice?

Arriving VCP from US late June. Not rush hour (730 pm Friday night arrival, plus customs etc time).

Going to Jardins just off Oscar Freire. Uber will be available at VCP? Or should I take taxi? I speak little português yet, but I’ve told my paulista friend not to slog out to VCP. I will be pretty rattled after flight and customs. Cost into São Paulo not an issue.

Advice please?

9 replies to this topic
Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
25,596 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Arriving VCP from the US, Uber to Jardins Advice?

Uber.

Seattle
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Arriving VCP from the US, Uber to Jardins Advice?

I'm curious why you are flying into VCP. VCP is in Campinas, not Sao Paulo and can take 2+ hours commuting time to get to Sao Paulo and much longer if there is bad traffic.

Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Arriving VCP from the US, Uber to Jardins Advice?

I understand

I’m flying business class on Azul. For $3000+ less than Delta or American. For $3000 I can handle inconvenience.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
6,924 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Arriving VCP from the US, Uber to Jardins Advice?

yes, Uber is available at VCP.

a UberX to Rua Oscar Freire should be 150-200 reais.,, a Uber Select 175-225 reais.... back of envelope calculation US$1 = 3.75 reais at the moment.

so that you know, Azul does have free shuttle buses from VCP airport to many points in SP metro for those flying Azul and its partners... if you decide to save some money, take the shuttle to Shopping Eldorado (about 4 km from Rua Oscar Freire) then taxi or Uber for final leg.

https:/…eldorado-shopping-mall

Friday evening is rush hour in SP metro area.... it usually is worst time of the week, as some people only drive on Fridays to get home asap for their weekend plans. but you may be getting into metro area after worst peak time....

never done customs and immigration at VCP (only at GRU), so dont know how long it usually takes there... but for domestic flights, from gate to Azul shuttle bus usually pretty fast, that airport is way under its flight capacity.... catch is if you make it just before an Azul bus leaves (about one per hour), of if you just miss one...

Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Arriving VCP from the US, Uber to Jardins Advice?

I am now leaning towards limo service to decrease stress as much as possible (among other things, I am arriving to meet in person in São Paulo for first time my potential future husband. Ah. Yes. Love). Blacklane? Onway? I read of these limo services. Thoughts anyone?

Belo Horizonte, MG
Level Contributor
545 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: Arriving VCP from the US, Uber to Jardins Advice?

Get Uber Select or Black. It’s cheaper and easier imo. Also very safe because you have a digital log of the driver and route. No need to speak any Portuguese.

Oh, and congrats / good luck ;)

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
6,924 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Arriving VCP from the US, Uber to Jardins Advice?

i think Campinas area (where VCP is) only has Uber X and Select, not Black.

https://www.uber.com/en-BR/cities/campinas/

in SP metro area you will find Uber Black too.

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
8,000 posts
34 reviews
8. Re: Arriving VCP from the US, Uber to Jardins Advice?

https://www.transtransfers.com.br/

https://www.chmtransportes.com.br/

it will be around 220 reais

I would take the Azul bus and then uber

Jundiai, SP
Level Contributor
949 posts
25 reviews
9. Re: Arriving VCP from the US, Uber to Jardins Advice?

I live in Jundiaí which is some 50 km from Campinas. Here we do not have Über Black, only Select and X. Über is excellent, I have only had problems on one occasion (with Paulo Marcos, can't remember the number but the first letter was F and the third letter was also F - refuse him!) I would think VCP would be the same, only Select and X.

There is a bus from VCP straight to GRU (about R$ 40) and of course the Azul airline bus. You can also get a city bus to Campinas' main bus station, then Cometa or Cristália bus to Tietê Coach Station (there are buses every 15 minutes), which connects to the Underground, through which you can get to Oscar Freire Station (changing to the Yellow Line at Luz)

Edited: 08 June 2018, 17:47
Reply to: Arriving VCP from the US, Uber to Jardins Advice?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted