We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer back to Airport - Santos to Sao Paulo (By 8:00am)

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
Save Topic
Transfer back to Airport - Santos to Sao Paulo (By 8:00am)

Hi there, Can anyone suggest the best way to get back to Sao paulo Airport for an 8:00am flight, Will need to be at the airport by 6:00am

Any Buses or will I need to hire a car?

thanks heaps

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
593 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer back to Airport - Santos to Sao Paulo (By 8:00am)

First of all we need to know which of the two airports you are talking about!

Congonhas or Guarulhos.

Congonhas is closer to Santos than Guarulhos...

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer back to Airport - Santos to Sao Paulo (By 8:00am)

Hi, thanks for your help. I am leaving from Guarulhos

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
593 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer back to Airport - Santos to Sao Paulo (By 8:00am)

The best way at this time of the morning would be to hire a private transfer or a taxi from door to door, but that is not so cheap.

There is also a bus from Viacao Cometa going directly from Rodoviaria de Santos to Guarulhos. The first one leaves at 4:10 AM. It costs R$24,25. I called them myself and they do not have a site in English. Take a look at::

buscaonibus.com.br/horario/santos/aeroporto-…

Edited: 16 September 2012, 17:22
Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
593 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer back to Airport - Santos to Sao Paulo (By 8:00am)

The best way at this time of the morning would be to hire a private transfer or a taxi from door to door, but that is not so cheap.

There is also a bus from Viacao Cometa going directly from Rodoviaria de Santos to Guarulhos. The first one leaves at 4:10 AM. It costs R$24,25. I called them myself and they do not have a site in English. Take a look at::

buscaonibus.com.br/horario/santos/aeroporto-…

Edited: 16 September 2012, 17:22
Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer back to Airport - Santos to Sao Paulo (By 8:00am)

Best way? I'd go the night before, and stay near Guarulhos. Lots of hotels in the area. Having to leave by 4 a.m. or so sounds like torture to me. I'd arrive before 6 if possible. Lines can be long. Your fight is international, I assume.

Edited: 16 September 2012, 17:59
Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
593 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer back to Airport - Santos to Sao Paulo (By 8:00am)

You did not mention if you had to overnight in Santos for any special reason, Janelle. Because if you dont, maybe it is best to spend the night in one of the hotels near Gurarulhos just to make extra sure you will catch the flight. The traffic in S.Paulo is always heavy and unpredictable.

Also. the Hotels in S.Paulo will generally be more expensive than in Santos.

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer back to Airport - Santos to Sao Paulo (By 8:00am)

thanks for your feedback,.

We decided to stay out of Sao Paulo city for our last 3 days in Brazil so we could relax and recoup before flying back to Australia. This is why we picked Santos/Gauruja...

I think you are right though, best to cut it to two nights and then stay close to the airport so it's less painful. Thanks again

Santos, SP
Level Contributor
301 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer back to Airport - Santos to Sao Paulo (By 8:00am)

The best way to go to the airpot is not at the bus station.

You can try the Personal Bus of Translitoral": www.personalbus.com.br/servicos/portal/

The adress is Avenida Francisco Glicério, 369, in a gas station (corner with Canal 2). The departure times are: 04h30 | 06h30 | 09h00 | 12h00 | 15h00 | 18h00

The 04h30min bus is good to wath you need.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
16 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfer back to Airport - Santos to Sao Paulo (By 8:00am)

I tried personalbus.com and sent them an email asking for a reservation and all I got back was an error message.

Isn't there a bus or van shuttle we can catch after the cruise that we can pay the driver and just get on?

New Mexico
Level Contributor
16 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transfer back to Airport - Santos to Sao Paulo (By 8:00am)

I tried personalbus.com and sent them an email asking for a reservation and all I got back was an error message.

Isn't there a bus or van shuttle we can catch after the cruise that we can pay the driver and just get on?

Get answers to your questions about Santos