We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guarulhos Int. Airport to Porto de Santos

Forth Valley...
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Guarulhos Int. Airport to Porto de Santos

What would be the best way to travel from Guarulhos Int. Airport to Porto de Santos cruise terminal? is there local transport available or should we take a taxi and if so any idea of costs would be appreciated

BJ...Scotland

Darvel
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guarulhos Int. Airport to Porto de Santos

Hi,there,

Note your thread from last year.

We are going from Guarulhos Airport to Santos to join Cruise Ship.

Did you get any answers last time.

an youhelp in any way.

regards

Alex Whitelaw

Darvel

East Ayrshire

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
57 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guarulhos Int. Airport to Porto de Santos

Hi, I'm pretty sure that in the city of Guarulhos you can get a bus to Santos, but for a foreigner I wouldn't recommend for language problems and having to find the bus terminal...

I live in Sao Paulo and travel a lot, when I need to go to some cities for work I usually hire a local cab driver that takes me there or hire a shuttle if I have more peolple with me - safe, quick and they wait for you in the airport. Usually for a trip like that I pay around US$ 115,00.

There are lots of taxis in the airport but I guess price will be much higher. I'm also pretty sure that local agencies provide services like that.

If you need contacts, let me know.

Darvel
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guarulhos Int. Airport to Porto de Santos

Dear Ana,

Thank you for your helpful message.

Yes we will take a taxi from the Airport to the Cruise ship docked at Santos.

WE would be very grateful for any contacts that could supply this service safely.

regards

A.W.

USA
Level Contributor
264 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guarulhos Int. Airport to Porto de Santos

just got back on a RC cruise--took about 3 hours to get on the ship. Santos is HORRIBLE--expect about 9-15K of people getting on their ships at the same time with no sort of organization. RC was just as disorganized on the cruise--won't ever go with them again.

I hope this port is fixed soon! If it were an airport, people would be outraged.

Forth Valley...
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guarulhos Int. Airport to Porto de Santos

Seems ages since I wrote the original post, so thanks to all who replied, update.... we have managed to buy our transfer ticket via RCCL £22 pp, we are staying a couple of nights at the Airport Marriott so we will have to make our way back to the airport on the 6th to pick up the coach to Santos, can only hope that our checkin at the port wont be too bad... will give an update when we get back to Scotland on the 23rd April.

We have cruised with RCCL many times and haven't had any major issues or problems with them - hope this trip will be the same....

BJ

Sao Paulo,Brazil
Level Contributor
1,920 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guarulhos Int. Airport to Porto de Santos

Just curious, why did you decide to stay at the airport instead of at a hotel in Sao Paulo?

Darvel
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Guarulhos Int. Airport to Porto de Santos

Hi there,

Reason we decided to stay at Airport Hotel was that as we were arriving late in the evening we felt it would be safer there rather than a taxi through Sao Paulo at night,

Cruise now over and safe back home.

Enjoyed our time in Brazil at the Rio Carnival.

Not as dangerous as we first thought especially at the Carnival.

Would go back anytime.

Alex.

Sao Paulo,Brazil
Level Contributor
1,920 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Guarulhos Int. Airport to Porto de Santos

Glad to know you enjoyed your time in Brazil.

Forth Valley...
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Guarulhos Int. Airport to Porto de Santos

We have decided to say at Airport Marriott purely for convenience, just in case there are any delays from the UK we are giving ourselves an extra night at the hotel, we have to be at the airport 9ish on the 6th to meet the RCCL rep. for onward transfer to Santos.

Looking forward to our other ports of call, Rio, Salvador De Bahia then on to Recife before heading over the Atlantic, unfortunately we don't have much time in Brazil, but who knows? it might just give us a taster for a longer holiday in Brazil.

BJ

Canada
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Guarulhos Int. Airport to Porto de Santos

Did you take a taxi or bus service to Santos? We're not going to the cruise ships, but to Santos itself and I've heard finding the bus isn't difficult.

Get answers to your questions about Guarulhos