We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfer question.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
230 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Airport transfer question.

I would like to avoid paying for a prebooked cab from the airport to Ipanema. I need to travel from GIG to Margaridas, here's the address:-

Rua Barao da Torre 600

Ipanema

Rio de Janerio Brazil.

I have found this company, www.shuttlerio.com.br Is this company reputable? Which of the hotels should I take the shuttle to in Ipanema there are some Ipanema hotel listed on the webiste but I don't know which is closest to Margaridas and which one I get eaily get a taxi from to get to my b and b.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you.

Kassel, Germany
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Airport transfer question.

I booked with shuttlerio too, just sent them an email with my flight dates, Flights No. and the Name of the Hotel.

They gave me a fixed time for pick-up at the meeting point and you have to pay cash at the bus.

20 Real or 15 USD

Our flight is on Saturday - I hope everything will work fine, but our airline is on strike :-( bad timing!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
1,247 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Airport transfer question.

They are, beside very cheap, pretty good and punctual as well...

I think you will be fine with them.

Just send us a feedback about the service.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
230 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Airport transfer question.

Just want to report back that I took Shuttle Rio, the shuttle picked me up earlier than the scheduled time and dropped me off at the door of Margaridas. It was great I got to Ipanema for less than the cost of the radio taxi and I was not comfortable taking a regular taxi from outside. I have no complaints and would recommend Shuttle Rio.

Thanks for all the helpful advice posted on this thread.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
22,142 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Airport transfer question.

Glad it all worked out. Thanks for reporting back. This info will be very helpful to others thinking about using Shuttle Rio.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5 posts
326 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Airport transfer question.

Shuttlerio is unreliable and should be avoided. I had a confirmed pickup at GIG airport, so when I landed I went to the meeting point. There is no free WiFi at GIG, so I didn't immediately check my email. Eventually I found an email sent 2 hours before the scheduled pickup time (while I was in-flight) canceling my pickup. Would stay away from this company.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
22,142 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Airport transfer question.

This is good to know. Thanks for reporting it.

Were you ever told why the pickup was cancelled?

17. Re: Airport transfer question.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2014, 10:49