We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I Falls, Rio de J and Paraty...best time??

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
138 posts
43 reviews
I Falls, Rio de J and Paraty...best time??

If all 3 destinations are part of our itinerary, which would be the best month to visit Brazil? I am favouring March, April or May .... but would appreciate any insightful comments that take into account particular aspects of all 3 places and balances them to say which is the best time. Thank you for any help!!

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
25,583 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: I Falls, Rio de J and Paraty...best time??

May. Better weather, lower prices, fewer crowds.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
44 reviews
2. Re: I Falls, Rio de J and Paraty...best time??

Some people will come to Brazil in order to watch the Carnival. Next year carnival season will be from 24 FEB to Mar, 1.

SO early march is quite expensive and crowd. But there is the carnival, which maybe a good thing or bad thing according to your point of view.

March it rains more, but its warmer. May it rains less but it is colder, specially sea temperature will be worse.

Season means more for Rio and beaches, while for Waterfalls it doesnt matter that much.

Edited: 28 December 2016, 22:43
3. Re: I Falls, Rio de J and Paraty...best time??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2017, 10:47