We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation in Belo Horizonte

Melbourne
Level Contributor
48 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation in Belo Horizonte

Hi,

I am staying in Belo Horizonte for a few days and am looking for some accommodation- do you have any recommendations?

I am looking for somewhere that would be safe and in a good location. I dont speak Portuguese.

Thanks!

Palm Springs...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation in Belo Horizonte

Hi,

The Bristol La Place, it's a wonderful hotel with a large room and the staff speak english and are very helpful.

www.bristolhotels.com.br/hotl/hotel.asp…

or Google it, Bristol La Place Apart Hotel

Regads,

Mark Webber

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation in Belo Horizonte

There's an Ibis that's pretty good. Be sure to go to Savassi and explore Pampulha a bit. Travelling in Brazil without speaking Portuguese makes everything tougher, so be sure to bring a good phrase book and/or dictionary, and prepare to be adaptable.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
48 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation in Belo Horizonte

Great- thanks!

yeah, we figured that travelling around Brazil without knowing Portuguese wouldnt be easy, so we are trying to learn a few phrases (and like you said, getting a good phrase book) before we leave.

We are also going to Salvador, Moro De Sao Paulo and Rio. Do you have any tips?

Are there any places that you think we cant leave Brazil without seeing?

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation in Belo Horizonte

Lots of tips. Post on those forums--Salvador and Rio-- (so that any info is more easily found by anyone seeking it in the future).

How much time are you planning to spend in Brazil? There are a lot of "don't miss" places. (B. H. would not have been on my list, though, unless to visit friends or pass through on the way to the Colonial towns. :-)

London - The city I...
Level Contributor
176 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation in Belo Horizonte

Ibis hotel is a fair bet as it is central and reazonable . The place is not fancy

though clean . There are several Mercure branchesin Belo for a little more money .

PORTO ALEGRE
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation in Belo Horizonte

Hi, this forum caught my attention as all the feedbacks are very informative. i'm needing some of your advices for my trip to Minas Gerais in late Dec near x'mas. i will start from Rio (3-days) and then Paraty (2-days). from Paraty, we want to head straight to Ouro Preto or Belo Horizonte, and spend maximum 3 days and then head down to Bonito. should we take bus or train from Paraty? are there other towns you'd recommend us stop by on the way? we do not plan to hire a guide, so i'm hoping that by pining down two towns, then we can just hop on and off from the bus, and then fly to Campo Grande right after.

thanks in advance!

7. Re: Accommodation in Belo Horizonte

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2011, 10:47