We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

swimming in ocean in Jericoacoara

Prince George...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
swimming in ocean in Jericoacoara

I am wondering what the swimming is like in the water beyond all that beautiful sand. We like to go for a swim a few times a day, and are wondering if this is the place for us. Is it too shallow, are there sharks, are the waves too big....? Thanks for any advice

jericoacoara
Level Contributor
64 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: swimming in ocean in Jericoacoara

I live in Jeri. There are different kinds of beaches, from shallow bay to rocky-wavy. Plenty of place to swim, no sharks or dangers. Get in touch if you need accommodation or any help to organize your trip to Jericoacoara.

Sayulita, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,638 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: swimming in ocean in Jericoacoara

The problem is that for swimming the water is very shallow.That is because of the tide.You will have to walk farout to reach a level that is swimmable.I love Jeri and it´s beautiful but its a kite and surf destination.For Swimming maybe Canoa Quebrada or Morro Branco is a better option.

3. Re: swimming in ocean in Jericoacoara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 06:47