We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trancoso - horse riding

London
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Trancoso - horse riding

I understand there are many local horses available in Trancoso - but I'm an experienced rider so can anyone please recommend who has the best horses who are also looked after well? Hugely appreciated, many thanks .

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
119 reviews
1. Re: Trancoso - horse riding

Bear in mind that Trancoso is now very well-heeled. The best thing I think is just to ask at your hotel. Probably like yourself, I usually look at the horses where I'm going and decide if they appear well-looked after and well-stabled. There are some tourist-trap ones on the beach that make great photos in the sunset but I saw better looking horses for proper riding on a a small ranch on the way back from the forest at the far end (south) of the beach by 4x4. If you really want to investigate and arrange it ahead of getting there, maybe just google "trancoso cavalos". Enjoy!

London
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Trancoso - horse riding

Hi thanks so much. I always feel too sad for the 'tourist horses', I thought as much. Do you remember what the ranch was called? I've googled but can't seem to find any specific places.

If you ever go to Cairo or Bali let me know as can recommend some better stables!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
119 reviews
3. Re: Trancoso - horse riding

No, sorry. I did find a good place just outside of Paraty recently though in case you go further south. The guy seems to live for his horses. It was one of the most sensitive and perfectly responsive horses I have ridden and I'm no expert. TripAdvisor recommendation:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g303503-d3…

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
6,924 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Trancoso - horse riding

there is a travel agency that puts together horseback riding vacations in Brazil, including one in Trancoso area. while I realize that is not what you are looking for, their website includes pics taken in Trancoso, so maybe that will give you an idea of what kind/shape are the horses in the area. I assume the travel agency hires horses locally.

cavalgadasbrasil.com.br/cavalgadas/cavalgada…

Trancoso, Bahia...
1 post
5. Re: Trancoso - horse riding

Probably Fabio Chibil

Long Island, New...
1 post
1 review
6. Re: Trancoso - horse riding

try http://ecotrancoso.com/?page_id=3093 or cavalos@ecotrancoso.com

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
8,139 posts
129 reviews
7. Re: Trancoso - horse riding

I have had some quotes from Eco Trancoso and believ they are the people used by well reputed international equestrian agencies like In the Saddle. If you PM me, I can send you the details.

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
8,139 posts
129 reviews
8. Re: Trancoso - horse riding

Just to report back that in the end we did two afternoon beach rides with Fabio da Garota. His horses are beautiful and in excellent shape and he is a genial man, although he speaks no English. I rode a young feisty point horse called Imperador and my companion a much calmer trail horse. He can be contacted at fabiodagarota@hotmail.com or by phone at 3668 1387. Highly recommended.

9. Re: Trancoso - horse riding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 November 2015, 19:49
Edited: 09 November 2015, 19:49
10. Re: Trancoso - horse riding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2016, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Trancoso