We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to visit Brazil - Salvador

Ayrshire, Scotland
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Best time to visit Brazil - Salvador

My husband and myself are planning a trip to Brazil including doing an All inclusive resort in Salvador such as Iberostar + doing a trip to Iguassa Falls + visiting Rio de Janeiro for our Silver Wedding in June next year - is this a good time to visit - without too much rain - or is it better going in the Winter months eg November through to April

Would appreciate any comments

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
1. Re: Best time to visit Brazil - Salvador

I would not advise anyone to go to one of the isolated, anywhere-in-the-tropical-world, all-inclusive resorts for tourists instead of a nice hotel in Salvador itself, where exploring the riches of the city is convenient and there are interesting beaches within easy reach. June in Salvador is the season of the festas juninhas, which end with the Sao Joao festival at the end of the month. It is an opportunity to join in on a unique cultural tradition.

Although Rio and Salvador have very different climatic conditions at any given time of year, on our last June visit to Rio we enjoyed lots of sunshine and good clear views from the heights, with just occasional rain. However, for me, it was too cool for the beach.

Note: Some resources you consult may group the months of November through April together, but my experience is that the weather at the beginning and end of that period is in no way similar. When yourself is planning, take that into account.

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Best time to visit Brazil - Salvador

The beer is always 'bem gelado', though, when ever you come and wherever you go.

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
3,479 posts
50 reviews
249 helpful votes
3. Re: Best time to visit Brazil - Salvador

I would advise you to visit during the season that the temperatures are comfortable for you, it's very, very hot in the summer and mild in the winter (but still warm). If your thing is seeing less of the real culture and life and more relaxing in a nice climate, then by all means visit the Iberostar. However, as I'm sure you know, these are isolated, so you lose a lot of the cultural flavor of the place you are missing. Still, I assume you are an adult and have considered, so I will not be presumptuous enough to offer unsolicited advice on where you go, rather than answer your simple question.

Salvador
Level Contributor
456 posts
4. Re: Best time to visit Brazil - Salvador

The question I'd ask myself is to you prefer temperatures in the the mid 20 degree C range or in the low thirties? About the coldest it ever gets in Salvador is 18C. Maybe I'm of hardy stock, because I've always been able to swim year round.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
100 posts
5. Re: Best time to visit Brazil - Salvador

Hi

i've been october , november, december - and it's great weather

you might have a couple of rainny days but the sun will always come out

and it's never that cold - always above the mid 20's and on hot days well into the 30's degrees

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
6. Re: Best time to visit Brazil - Salvador

Good weather for taking Thai cooking classes in Porto Seguro, right?

7. Re: Best time to visit Brazil - Salvador

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?