We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Matsumoto to Kusatsu

Brazil
Level Contributor
7 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Matsumoto to Kusatsu

Dear Sirs.,

Is it possible to get a taxi from Matsumoto to Kusatsu?

It seems that it takes 2h10m to reach Kusatsu.

Do you know any taxi company that I can contact to book?

Thank you in advance.

Have a nice day!

Jeannie

Yubatake
Hot Springs & Geysers, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Netsunoyu
Historic Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks
9 replies to this topic
Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
25,516 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Matsumoto to Kusatsu

Of course it's possible. Have your hotel call a taxi for you. Be ready to pay 45,000--50,000yen, though.

Macau, China
Level Contributor
6,689 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Matsumoto to Kusatsu

If you can drive, I would rather drive all the way from Matsumoto - Nagano - Snow Monkey - Shiga Kogen - Sessho Gawara - Kusatsu - Japan Romance Road - Karuizawa. The view is nice and there is no one way fee for Toyota rent-the-car as the company waives one-way return surcharge for offices in same prefecture (i.e. Matsumoto and Karuizawa in this case, which are both in Nagano Prefecture). Much cheap than taxi and you can enjoy the view en route.

By the way, this can only be done before the closure of the road connecting Shiga Kogen and Sessho Gawara during winter (late November to early April)

Brazil
Level Contributor
7 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Matsumoto to Kusatsu

Thank you Hiro for your help.

Unfortunately I cannot drive in Japan, it is not allowed with international drive license.

To rent a car, I need the license, and to get license I need to prove that I'll be in Japan for 6 months.

I cannot stay for 6 months.

Brazil
Level Contributor
7 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Matsumoto to Kusatsu

Hi Shibuyakko,

Thank you for your help, I'll be visiting the Matsumoto Castle from Takayama, so I will not be in the hotel at Matsumoto.

Do you think is safe to take any taxi in the city? Do you know a taxi company in Matsumoto?

B Regards,

Jeannie

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tohoku, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
6,759 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Matsumoto to Kusatsu

The following taxi company has a branch in Matsumoto. Scroll down to the lower right-hand side of the webpage for their phone no. under 松本支社.

http://www.alpico.co.jp/taxi/

Macau, China
Level Contributor
6,689 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Matsumoto to Kusatsu

Otherwise you can take the JR Limited Express Shinano to Nagano, go to Karuizawa and change a bus there. The lastest you need to leave Matsumoto is 15:00, and you will take the last bus leaving 17:20. (ETA at Kusatsu at 18:53)

www.hyperdia.com/cgi/en/search.html…

Train fare JPY 5180 + Bus JPY 2200 = JPY 7380 per person

But if that is possible, and if you are going from Takayama, I would rather visit Kamikochi on the way to Matsumoto, stay one night there with the visit to the castle next morning and go to Kusatsu next day. Going all the way from Takayama to Kusatsu is simply too far.

BTW, taxi in Japan is safe and nothing to worry about.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
5,476 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Matsumoto to Kusatsu

you may consider bus via Karuizawa.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e7403.html

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,039 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from Matsumoto to Kusatsu

Most people would not take a taxi from Matsumoto to Kusatsu. There are mountain ranges diving them, so honestly you are better off at reorganizing your trip to stay somewhere different to Kusatsu, or adjusting your schedule that you go by train to Karuizawa then bus to Kusatsu.

9. Re: Taxi from Matsumoto to Kusatsu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 June 2016, 18:21

Reply to: Taxi from Matsumoto to Kusatsu
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted