We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget stay in Kusatsu

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
661 posts
207 reviews
Save Topic
Budget stay in Kusatsu

Any recommendation of budget stay?

Thank you.

Kyoto, Japan
Level Contributor
145 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget stay in Kusatsu

Well, it depends on what you mean by budget. If you are thinking about a backpackers' hostel or the like,it seems that there is at least one. However, I have to say that spending at least a night in a traditional ryokan is a remarkable part of the Kusatsu experience. So, my suggestion is to go on a weekday when prices might be as low as 50% of the weekend price. Have a good look on the internet; anyway for a ryokan expect to pay from 8000/person upwards if you include meals (again, something you should not miss).

Mentioned in this post
Kusatsu Hotel
Kusatsu Hotel
188 Reviews
Kusatsu-machi, Japan
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
661 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget stay in Kusatsu

Do you know the name of the hostel?

I'm actually budgeting 6500yen without meal but if added meal hopefully can get at 8500yen.

Any recommendation?

I will be there during weekday.

And by the way is Sunday to Monday consider weekend stay?

Thank you

Kyoto, Japan
Level Contributor
145 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget stay in Kusatsu

The hostel is Kusatsu Kogen Youth Hostel.

Sunday to Monday should have a good price, generally speaking. Friday and Saturday night are the most expensive.

I stayed at Miduki, it's a very simple ryokan but I loved it. Great food and lovely owners. Also you can have the bath all for yourself for free (kashikiri). Unfortunately I am afraid that you can interact with them only in Japanese.

Edited: 03 May 2016, 19:07
Mentioned in this post
Kusatsu Hotel
Kusatsu Hotel
188 Reviews
Kusatsu-machi, Japan
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
661 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget stay in Kusatsu

Miduki looks good and fit in my budget!

I can't find email address in their website, do i need to book in advance or I can just walk in n try my luck?

Likely will be there on Sunday or Monday in November.

Thank you

Macau, China
Level Contributor
7,011 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget stay in Kusatsu

Better to book beforehand as they need to prepare meals.

…rakuten.com/hotel/…

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
661 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget stay in Kusatsu

That's great!

You have been huge help!

Million thanks:)

7. Re: Budget stay in Kusatsu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2018, 21:48