We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Americana Hotel Crystal City Arlington Va Any Pros/ cons

Dover, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,739 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Americana Hotel Crystal City Arlington Va Any Pros/ cons

I had posted this to the DC Forum and it was suggested that I post it in the Arlignton VA Forum

Due to potential weather problems next week, our plans for the shore-beach vacation may be cancelled . We are considering a trip to DC. We would like to be close to thr Metro and be able to park our car. We saw a reference to The Americana in Crystal City. . Rates, access to Metro and parking seem to be very low. Does anyone have any comment about this hotel hotel and location. ( Ease to metro - safe for parking and walking around the area? )

Any recent experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edited: 10

Springfield, VA
Destination Expert
for Fairfax
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Americana Hotel Crystal City Arlington Va Any Pros/ cons

It's a short walk to the Crystal City Metro and not all that far from the Pentagon City Metro station either, if you like to walk. The area is very safe, and I believe that the hotel has it's own parking. There are lots of restaurants and shopping at both Crystal City and Pentagon City. The American is a hotel that's recommended frequently here because of its reasonable rates and good location.

Va
Level Contributor
11,271 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Americana Hotel Crystal City Arlington Va Any Pros/ cons

It is a great hotel for the money. It isn't fancy and not new by any means, but well ran, clean, and safe. I honestly am shocked that it hasn't been torn down and replaced with a high rise. I am sure at some point it will, but for now it is a great option.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Americana Hotel Crystal City Arlington Va Any Pros/ cons

I think this trip is over.

4. Re: Americana Hotel Crystal City Arlington Va Any Pros/ cons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 17:49