We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking near the Hotel Monaco in Alexandria

Madison, Wisconsin
2 posts
Parking near the Hotel Monaco in Alexandria

Are you able to park overnight, or by the week, at the Courthouse Square Parking Garage that is located just behind the Monaco Hotel in Old Town Alexandria?? Also is the King St Metro a reasonable walk from the hotel??

Thanks so much!!

Day Trip to Mount Vernon from...
184 Reviews
from US$ 56.00*
Washington DC Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley...
1,382 Reviews
from US$ 13.50*
Mount Vernon and Old Town Alexandria...
180 Reviews
from US$ 78.99*
Alexandria, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Alexandria
Level Contributor
606 posts
172 reviews
1. Re: Parking near the Hotel Monaco in Alexandria

My response is qualified, because I do not know and cannot find an answer to your question regarding the market square parking lot as relates to multi-day parking. The garage does close its gate after a certain hour (maybe 2am on weekends). If I can I will stop by and inquire. There are other parking garages throughout the adjoining blocks, that certainly do have overnight-multi-day parking, but at a higher rate than the bargain found at this City owned lot.

alexandriava.gov/recreation/…

The Monaco is my favorite recommendation, mostly because I enjoy staying at Kimpton properties. They are a fun and funky hotel chain! If you've never stayed at one before, you can only understand once you have spent a night! The Monaco (King) is in the heart of the historic district only three short blocks to our waterfront. The distance from the waterfront to the metro is slightly more than one mile. Window shopping at the restaurants and boutiques along the way is the best part of that walk! There is a free trolley running later in the morning thru 10ish pm.

I will try to remember to walk by the lot to see if they post any multi-day restrictions at this lot. I hope this is helpful!

Madison, Wisconsin
2 posts
2. Re: Parking near the Hotel Monaco in Alexandria

Thank you so much!!! The idea that you would take time out of your day to answer my question is really awesome!! You are so appreciated!

Alexandria, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Alexandria
Level Contributor
606 posts
172 reviews
3. Re: Parking near the Hotel Monaco in Alexandria

I took a walk at lunch today and inquired directly with two parking garages on the two adjacent blocks across from the Monaco on King. The Market Square parking lot is a government owned lot whose entry is on North Fairfax, under the fountain at City hall. I inquired as no signs were visible, and they indicated they have a two day limit for parking.

I checked another lot, which is owned by Central Parking and is on the block directly across from the Monaco at the corner of North Pitt Street and Cameron Street. They take multi-day parking at $12/day.

I hope this answers your question.

4. Re: Parking near the Hotel Monaco in Alexandria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2015, 10:48