We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passing of a Trip Advisor Friend CHARM2017

Alexandria, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Alexandria
Level Contributor
606 posts
172 reviews
Save Topic
Passing of a Trip Advisor Friend CHARM2017

I wanted to let the TA community and folks who regularly support this forum, that Alexandria TA Expert, CHARM2017 passed away last year.

I was aware he was fighting a long battle with cancer, and was concerned after he had not responded to several of my messages. After some searching, I came upon an obituary where I discovered he had succumbed to his illness. One of his hobbies was helping others on Trip Advisor.

CHARM, as he was called, was charming, and his sage travel advice from his travels around the world will be sorely missed on this thread! I want to thank him on behalf of Trip Advisor and send my condolences to his family.

Karen B

Springfield, VA
Destination Expert
for Fairfax
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Passing of a Trip Advisor Friend CHARM2017

Sorry to hear that. My condolences to his family.

Level Contributor
1,140 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Passing of a Trip Advisor Friend CHARM2017

Thank you for posting this info. Condolences to any family or friends who may read here.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
7,095 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passing of a Trip Advisor Friend CHARM2017

Very sad to hear of his passing.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,804 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Passing of a Trip Advisor Friend CHARM2017

Very sad to hear this--Charm's advice was very valuable here.

Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Passing of a Trip Advisor Friend CHARM2017

Very sorry to hear of CHARM's death. Thank you so much for letting us know. A lot of people come and go on these boards, but you do get used to seeing the same people after a while, and wonder what's happening with them if they go missing.

CHARM always had good advice and will be missed on these boards. Please pass along all of our condolences to his family.

6. Re: Passing of a Trip Advisor Friend CHARM2017

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2015, 11:50