We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter Sunday

upstate ny
Level Contributor
99 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Easter Sunday

we are going to be in Alexandria for Easter Sunday. we are going on a bike tour (Blossoms by Bike....BIKE AND ROLL...any comments?).

we are looking for a place to eat in the early evening...perhaps outdoor seating...obviously we won't be "dressed up"....but we would like a good meal. any suggestions?

Alexandria, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Alexandria
Level Contributor
532 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter Sunday

Easter is problematic. Most restaurants I'd suggest reservations, as it is chaos with families doing the same. We have outdoor dining during specific periods, which I recall begins on April 1st (could be wrong). You are going to be hit or miss where that is concerned.

There is also a restaurant on the Bike Trail just beyond National Airport is the Washington Sailing Marina. They have a restaurant across from the run way (noisey) and Potomac. I've just searched for the name (which escapes me), and cannot find on google or TA for some reason...so is possible it's closed.

My advice is as follows....if you are biking and wish for a view...Reserve at Chart House they have the best view. Also consider reserving at Mai Tai on King ask for a seat upstairs when you reserve. If your plans don't accommodate a specific time (to reserve a table)...go to MoMo Sushi (Queen Street) or any restaurant...order your meal to go...walk to the waterfront and have a marvelous picnic in one of our two waterfront parks that line the Potomac!

2. Re: Easter Sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 16:48