We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn express versus Windgate in Allentown

Toronto
Level Contributor
265 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Holiday Inn express versus Windgate in Allentown

Hello, I'm wondering from your experiences which hotel do you prefer more, holiday inn express or windgate, both in Allentown near Dorney park

thank you.

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
348 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn express versus Windgate in Allentown

I'm local, so I haven't stayed at either hotel. I will say that the Wingate is a newer property, but I don't know if the Holiday Inn has had any types of renovations or upgrades since the Wingate was built.

In terms of location, I don't know if you're planning to drive into the park (there is a parking fee) or walk. You cannot safely walk to Dorney Park from the Wingate. The Holiday Inn is right across the street, however you should be aware that there is no traffic light and there is no crosswalk between that hotel and the park. Rt. 222 is a four-lane road with a low concrete median and cars drive it FAST. You need to be extremely careful about crossing the street, especially with kids. It's dangerous and there have been several fatalities over the years. Personally, I wouldn't cross 222 anywhere except the light at Lincoln Ave.

Toronto
Level Contributor
265 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn express versus Windgate in Allentown

thank you for that. I actually just booked at holiday inn and now i feel I might of made a mistake. they both have about the same type of ratings.

we will drive to the park becaue I have a parking pass. thank you.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,074 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn express versus Windgate in Allentown

They are what you would expect of this level property. The staybridge is better than what you would expect at same price point.

4. Re: Holiday Inn express versus Windgate in Allentown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2013, 15:07