We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OU Fall Parents Weekend 2007 September 28-30

Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
75 reviews
OU Fall Parents Weekend 2007 September 28-30

As of today the Ohio University site contiues to read, "The planning is still underway for Fall Parents Weekend 2007. As soon as the schedule of events is available, we will post it here. Please check back often for updates." My brand-new Class of 2011 Bobcat is my fourth and last child to go off to school, and I'm accustomed to the college/university offering an array of activities families can choose from. Guess OU's different.

My plan is just to spend the day in Athens. Baby Bobcat's 30-year-old sister (Columbus) will be coming with me, and his 22-year-old brother (Cincinnati) will meet us there. Neither have ever been to OU, so I'm hoping the weather will be great for BB to show us around campus, and we'll want to take BB out to eat. He may have a suggestion, but if not, any recommendations along Court Street? What else have you OU parents enjoyed doing with your own Bobcats?

Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
75 reviews
1. Re: OU Fall Parents Weekend 2007 September 28-30

Sorry...I neglected to say that Saturday's when we'll be in Athens.

Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
75 reviews
2. Re: OU Fall Parents Weekend 2007 September 28-30

Our visit was on one of those sun-spangled cloudlessly blue September days, so walking the length of Court Street to check out dining options was a pleasure. After waiting over 20 minutes at Casa Nueva Cantina, we retreated to Court Street Diner where we were promptly seated to ingest burgers and shakes.

Next time I plan a mom & sibs occasion in Athens I think I'd like to find a cabin (Hocking Hills?), so that we can give Baby Bobcat a night's respite from dorm life. What he misses most about home, it seems, is the shower and laundry room. He's been doing his own laundry throughout high school but hates the set-up at school. I'll try to find a cabin with washer/dryer for a real treat.

3. Re: OU Fall Parents Weekend 2007 September 28-30

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 10:51
Get answers to your questions about Athens