We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A little bit of advice please

england
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
A little bit of advice please

Hi all,

We have been going to icmeler for 10 years now and fancy a change. I have booked flights to bodrum and have heard some good reports from friends about gumbet. Is it similar to icmeler or more like marmaris. We don't like marmaris so if this is the case can anybody suggest any where else.

If we do decide on gumbet can anybody suggest apartments that are near enough to the beach and entertainment but quiet. I have been looking at the Dost but am a bit confused because the details say no balcony. We don't want anything posh just cheap and cheerful.

Sorry this post is a little long winded but we have been spoilt with going to icmeler so often so going somewhere new is a bit daunting.

Thanks

Karen

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,899 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A little bit of advice please

I'm doing the opposite to you this year !

Been to Gumbet several times now and have decided to try Icmeler this year. We always stay at The Tropicana Beach, really love them, literally right on the beach and lovely apartments,can't recommend them enough

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,534 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A little bit of advice please

I have not been to Icmeler but I wouldn't compare Gumbet to Marmaris. It is a lot smaller for a start. I didn't like Marmaris but I love Gumbet.

I would agree that Tropicana are excellent apartments. Dost are fine too but they are much more basic.

UK
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,899 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A little bit of advice please

The Dost Apartments get pretty lacklustre reviews here on TA.

There are a lot of beachfront properties to choose from in Gumbet if the Tropicana is too expensive. You could try the Siesta Beach which is next door and cheaper.

I actually chose Icemeler based on advise from TA members for somewhere with a similar vibe to Gumbet and Icmeler kept getting recommended so based on that I think you've made the right choice with Gumbet for a change

Glasgow
Level Contributor
101 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A little bit of advice please

If you like to party till 5am then you will like Gumbet as that is when the bars seem to close. Personally I prefer Icmeler as I find it very laid back and you do not get the same hassle from people wanting you to go into their restaurants, shops etc.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,534 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A little bit of advice please

Well I never party until 5am!

There are some places that do open until very late but there are also plenty of laid back bars too, you can decide where you want to go.

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,560 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A little bit of advice please

Kedi, like you I no longer party until 5am (well not often anyway LOL!!).

You could look at the Seray Class apartments - just one street back from the beach and in a quiet location, yet handy for everything.

Jak xx

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A little bit of advice please

Tropicana beach hotel expensive?? Cheapest hotel I've ever stayed in and no faults at all.

UK
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,899 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A little bit of advice please

The prices you quoted in your other post traylor are purely for October which is the end of the season. You'd never pay that June-Sept, trust me I've been here several times and always book direct with the manager. Some people also prefer to book a TO package and the Tropicana is never cheap.

Having said all that anyone will struggle to get in this summer as they're full already !! Sign of a fab hotel ;o)

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,534 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A little bit of advice please

Tropicana is certainly more expensive than a lot of other hotels and apartments in Gumbet but you do get what you pay for and Tropicana is worth paying a little extra for. Saying that is isn't majorly expensive anyway just more compared to others in the area.

lancashire
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: A little bit of advice please

the dost is bit far out on the main road quite a way out so wouldnt recommened them, also ive been to icmeler too but didnt really like it as too laid back for me & all the bars shut at 12 but dont start till 10 so u only get 2 hours:-( gumbet can be as quiet or as livey as u like , but the bars do stay open alot longer more or less all night :-) & ALOT more hassle than icmeler

Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations