We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sharks Club Gumbet??????

Northampton uk
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
Sharks Club Gumbet??????

Hi,

I have seen this Hotel on the Co-op travel website. I says it is a new hotel and I cannot find any reviews for it. Can anyone help? there are no photos of the pool or area around it only the bedrooms. If anyone knows if it is a noisy area or far from the beach or infact anything that would help me to decide whether to go or not it would be much appreciated.

Cheers Tricia.

UK
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
139 reviews
1. Re: Sharks Club Gumbet??????

More info on fresh holidays and pics ! It would seem it's brand new for this season. I'm sure someone in Gumbet now might report back on exactly where it is

freshholidays.com/hotel/…222544176

If the interior photos are the right one's then it looks beautiful, be interested to know exactly where it is though myself

Edited: 22 April 2011, 00:06
Northampton uk
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Sharks Club Gumbet??????

Hi,

Yes those are the only photos I can find, I think it is strange not to have a photo of the pool, restaurant ect. If you do manage to find anything else please post it and I will do the same.

Tricia

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,713 posts
47 reviews
3. Re: Sharks Club Gumbet??????

Well I've never heard of it and there's no address on the website. I'll try and do some hunting down today. It sounds close to the beach and the centre of Gumbet itself but I can't think of any new hotel. They are currently rebuilding the old Sunway Hotel (opposite Bronze Corner) but that's just a shell yet. I know they have been rebuilding the old Club Olea (next to Gumbet Cove) and that was nearly ready last year. I haven't been that far round the beach yet but wilk go and have a look for you. They are building a hotel near the Ozukara II as well but again that's just a shell.

If I find anything out, I'll let you know. The photos did seem strange with no exterior photos, etc.

Jak xx

Northampton uk
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Sharks Club Gumbet??????

Thank you so much for checking it out, if you see it can you let me know which hotel its near so I can google the location as I have only seen Gumbet from a distance, not actually walked round it.

Cheers for your help

Tricia

Northampton uk
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Sharks Club Gumbet??????

Hi again;

According to the web site for "Cheapholidays.com" The address is

Adnan Menderes Cad. No:2 Gumbet, Bodrum, Turkey.

Tricia

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,713 posts
47 reviews
6. Re: Sharks Club Gumbet??????

Well Adnan Menderes Caddesi is the road that runs from Bronze Corner past Chinatown and up to the Windmill restaurant. Number 2 sounds as though it's at the end of the road. I am guessing it is going to be the new hotel where the Sunway Hotel was - but it's definitly not ready yet.

They are busy rebuilding the front of the hotel. It's opposite the Bronze Hotel. I will be going down into Gumbet later so I will look what progress has been made.

Jak xx

Bodrum
Level Contributor
25 posts
7. Re: Sharks Club Gumbet??????

I am surprised your "Destination Expert" had never heard of this hotel as it has been the talk of Gümbet for several years now, and especially this winter! It is known locally as Central Bar Hotel.

To find the hotel if you travel up Bar Street to the top and then turn left directly after Mr Frogs and go past the Windmill Restaurant you will find the hotel on your right hand side, opposite the Zabıta offices.

The reason you will not find any further pictures is because the hotel is currently under construction and only one room has been finished for photographic purposes. It is due to be completed for 1st June 2011.

There are many internet sites showing pictures of it's construction if you search. If you really want to see construction pictures I can post a link as a guy I know regularly posts updated pictures on his site. KIB

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,713 posts
47 reviews
8. Re: Sharks Club Gumbet??????

Thanks for that Metin, so it's the one near the Ozukara II. I pass it daily but didn't know it was going to be called that name (Central Bar is more familiar to me). It's central in Gumbet, close to everything. It has been in the process of being built for several years and it's only this year that progress is being made.

They've still got a fair way to go.

Jak xx

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
9. Re: Sharks Club Gumbet??????

If anyone, has any further info about this hotel i'd be grateful if they could put it on here - photos etc, i haver tried to book for this month and it says not available so tried for June (wen it is supposed to open) and i could book it for then.

Jeanna

UK
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
139 reviews
10. Re: Sharks Club Gumbet??????

I'd be a little wary of booking for the month it's "due" to open. Especially as it doesn't sound like it's anywhere near being ready which is why there aren't any exterior photos and as said before the interior is basically one completed room.

I've seen miracles happen as far as how quickly projects can be finished, but equally this one strikes me that if booked with a tour operator, you may well get moved last minute as the Sharks Club isn't finished on time.........just a thought based on past experience

Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations