We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gumbet vs marmaris

england
Level Contributor
68 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
gumbet vs marmaris

ive been to marmaris twice and i l;ove it , i am thinking of trying somewhere different in turkey, ive heard gumbet is 10 years behing marmaris !!

what we love about marmaris is at night you can go along the beach and theres a party atmosphere or if you want to be quiet one night you can, what about gumbet ???

ayrshire, scotland
Level Contributor
935 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gumbet vs marmaris

i,ve been to both and i agree about marmaris you can have a quiet nite if you want one we,re going to gumbet in oct it will be our 3rd time and i would say its a party atmosphere all the time (not a bad thing) i have always had a good time in gumbet and thats why we,re going again.

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,065 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gumbet vs marmaris

We did Marmaris about 5 times,we went in June last year,and decided in the September to try a different resort,so we went to Gumbet,we didnt like it,its an old tired looking place,and smaller,a little more expensive,food was good but no really nice looking restraunts ,Marmaris is much more cosmopolitan and prettier,So we went back to our usual again this year,dont think I want to try another resort again.

Mentioned in this post
Marmaris
Marmaris
Marmaris District, Turkey
Gumbet
Gumbet
Bodrum, Turkey
Middlesbrough
Level Contributor
92 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: gumbet vs marmaris

I have been to Marmaris twice and Gumbet many times now. I do like Marmaris, but I think its one of them places that 'looks' like anywhere else. Ie, lay on the beach, go for a walk etc and you could just as well be in Spain. I find Gumbet/Bodrum has thet feel that you are in Turkey, if that makes sense. You have the party atmosphere in Gumbet, and the hilly streets and a lovely bay, and over the hill literally is bodrum with its old castle, huge harbour and narrow turkish shopping streets. The only thing I will say is that if you are a beach person, marmaris's beach is nicer.

We adore Gumbet/Bodrum now and won't go to Marmaris now. Each to our own though!

Lisa.x

Mentioned in this post
Marmaris
Marmaris
Spain
Spain
Europe
Gumbet
Gumbet
Bodrum, Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
9,109 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: gumbet vs marmaris

I agree with lola - the first time I went to Turkey was to Marmaris then have been to Bodrum/Gumbet since. I did find Marmaris' main street like other resorts in Spain etc.

Gumbet has both lively and quiet night spots - and is wonderfully close to Bodrum for other night life as well.

There's loads of choice of night life in Gumbet. The beaches around the peninsular are fun to explore by day as well.

But hey, each to their own. If we all loved the same place it would be very boring and crowded lol!!!

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Marmaris
Marmaris
Bodrum Beach Resort
Bodrum Beach Resort
1,229 Reviews
Gumbet, Turkey
Spain
Spain
Europe
Gumbet
Gumbet
Bodrum, Turkey
Bodrum
Bodrum
Mugla Province, Turkey
5. Re: gumbet vs marmaris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations