We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Antalya to Patara

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Bus from Antalya to Patara

Hi,

I will be flying into Antalya on 28th August and would like to get a bus direct to Patara.

If possible, it would be good to get a bus that goes direct overland, rather than via the coast (via Kalkan, Kas etc), as this looks to take a lot more time.

If you could also advise how to book tickets that would be great!

Thanks

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Bus from Antalya to Patara

I don't think there is a quicker bus than the coast road taking 5 hours with Bati Antalya.

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
10,063 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Bus from Antalya to Patara

I had a look as well David and couldn't find anything. The overland buses go into Fethiye (about 3 and a half hours away) then some go on to for example Bodrum.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
58 reviews
3. Re: Bus from Antalya to Patara

We have done the trip a couple of times, to Patara, or nearby, and can confirm that the coastal route is the quickest - thankfully the scenery is, for most of the journey, worth the time on the bus.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3,743 posts
304 reviews
4. Re: Bus from Antalya to Patara

I agree with the above, it is a lot less hassle and with a couple of stops en-route, not a bad journey at all. The buses are comfortable enough and the view is great. You don't need to book tickets just turn up at the bus station and go to the desk. You will need to get off on the main road and take the dolmus (or taxi) down to the village, it's only a couple of minutes and you can get dropped off near your accommodation.

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Bus from Antalya to Patara

There used to be the occasional Gombe Koop minibus from Antalya to Kinik, via Elmali/Gombe, but I can't find any info about it on the net any more, was on the Kinik belediyesi website.

London, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
42 reviews
6. Re: Bus from Antalya to Patara

The roads are much better these last few years, going across the mountains would take forever! I'd get the bus if I was you.

7. Re: Bus from Antalya to Patara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2016, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Patara