We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ptara house

liverpool
Level Contributor
208 posts
13 reviews
Ptara house

We're booked into this apartment, but communication with the owner is a bit off and on. Has anyone stayed there? I've been in contact with a guy called Omar, but waiting on last two or three emails I've sent.

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
16,170 posts
127 reviews
1. Re: Ptara house

Did you book the villa directly at the owner or via any of the booking agencies? There are at least three (or more) who offer this house, so I don´t know how it might work. It looks very nice though and hopefully everything is going wright.

liverpool
Level Contributor
208 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Ptara house

I booked direct with the owner, it's on Air BnB and booking.com I can't remember how I got a direct email to the owner. Have paid deposit and received confirmation, but have not received arrival details or address, etc.

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
16,170 posts
127 reviews
3. Re: Ptara house

I keep my fingers crossed for you that everything is fine. My only concern would be that is is offered by several agencies, so hopefully there will be no overlapping and double booking.

It´s offered by Booking.com, agoda, bedandbreakfast eu, airbnb, Kayak (Booking.com too), HolidayCheck.de, and perhaps some more. Are you sure that you have the real private e-mail adress of the owner or just of any agent? If it is the owner, perhaps he is just busy or on holidays:-))

BTW, it´s not difficult to find this house, frankly you can find it on Google map, but it wouldn´t be a good idea to go there without any contact infos before. But perhaps I´m only somewhat too worried because on our first travel to Patara we had some problems with a private house too, the owner told us two weeks before that we couldn´t come, any water or electricity problems, and we had to look for an alternative very short termed...

Edited: 09 August 2014, 15:14
liverpool
Level Contributor
208 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Ptara house

He's been in touch now, all set. Quite excited, first time I've been to Turkey.

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
16,170 posts
127 reviews
5. Re: Ptara house

Patara is still a rather genuine village, pretty calm and with a gorgeous beach.

Enjoy your trip

patara01

London, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
42 reviews
6. Re: Ptara house

Omar (Jimmy) is a lovely man. We are in Patara right now, are you?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3,743 posts
304 reviews
7. Re: Ptara house

Glad you have had confirmation now bigstig, when are you going and how long for, are you also staying in Kas? As this is your first time to Turkey you are in for a treat, don't forget to leave feedback on the forum at the end of the holiday, Patara doesn't get a lot of posts.

We will be there at the end of September.

liverpool
Level Contributor
208 posts
13 reviews
8. Re: Ptara house

Well the stay at the Villa was fantastic. The villa is owned by "Jimmy" (I forget his Turkish name) who runs the shop, guesthouse and café in the village. The villa was really well equipped, very new, two aircon units, which were needed in the August sun (35 degrees most days we were there) the pool was fantastic, views incredible and the hospitality great.

Omar is his son in law who helps with the bookings, he runs his own place out in Kalkan, I think.

A really good stay and thoroughly recommended.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3,743 posts
304 reviews
9. Re: Ptara house

Hi bs, I am glad you enjoyed your first trip to Turkey, guess it won't be your last then! A couple of questions, where did you eat in the evening, where did you drink and what was the price of Efes?

Thanks for contributing to the feedback on the Patara forum.

liverpool
Level Contributor
208 posts
13 reviews
10. Re: Ptara house

Ha! "What was the price of Efes" the most important question!

5TL in the shop and 7 or 8 TL in a restaurant in Patara. In Kas it was more like 8 or 9 TL

We ate in the day at Jimmy's café (next to his shop "Harrods of Patara") which did really nice lunches/brunch meals. The Turkish breakfast was good, the pancakes (cheese and spinach, cheese and mushroom) were really good and the Menemen was fantastic. You have to be careful with this dish, because it can come as a really loose, wet omelette/scrambled eggs (blee!) with onion and tomato in it. OR it can come how they do it at Jimmy's, which is fantastic: A quick sauce/stew of onions, tomatoes and chillis in a clay pot, crack an egg in it and into the oven for two mins to set/poach the egg. Served with bread. I loved these but they were quite spicy!

At night we ate at a pizza place called Travellers, which was pretty bad to be honest.

A restaurant shaped like a boat, which was OK, it felt a bit weird being up "on deck" and a bit 80s, with all the white and blue lights. The food was ok, not great but OK.

We didn't really go out to drink, and the camel bar looked like a nightmare from a club 18-30. We mostly had DIY cocktails next to our fantastic pool.

The best place we ate was the St Nicholas restaurant, really nice terrace, covered in grape vines and lemon trees and the food was good and reasonably priced.

There are reviews of the sailing/yacht restaurant and St Nicholas on here.

Are you going there this year? Jealous. It was nice when we were there but very very hot. Would love to go now/October.

Get answers to your questions about Patara