We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pre-paid sim and data plan

Tahoe City...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
pre-paid sim and data plan

I plan to use my iOS phone while I'm in Pataras. What are the recommended carriers that provide a pre-paid sim card with data included? I will be there for 3 weeks and will need use of a data plan. Suggestions appreciated. Lin

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,275 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pre-paid sim and data plan

Hi lindamull, I don´t know which sim card would be the best for you. If nobody replies on this forum you should perhaps post it on the general Turkey forum. I suppose that it might be the same for the whole country.

Good luck

patara01

Tahoe City...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pre-paid sim and data plan

Hi patara01, thanks for responding and recommendation to chk general Turkey forum. I'll do so and I'm also searching on the internet to see what I can find there. Thanks for the reply!

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,275 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pre-paid sim and data plan

Your welcome:-)!

And enjoy your holidays at Patara.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: pre-paid sim and data plan

Hi lindamull,

The link below may be useful for you:

turkeytravelplanner.com/details/Communicatio…

Also there are many infos on below tripadvisor links:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?q=SIM+card&sub-search=SEARCH&geo=293969&returnTo=__2F__Tourism__2D__g293969__2D__Turkey__2D__Vacations__2E__html

As I know there wasn't any office of the mobile phone companies in Patara, so you can arrange it somewhere as Fethiye or Antalya.

Have a good holiday in Patara - Turkey.

Edited: 09 April 2012, 14:26
Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,275 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pre-paid sim and data plan

Sea_sand_sun_summe is right, there is no mobile phone company in Patara, at least it hasn´t been last year. Not sure if you can buy a sim card at the post office, but I would provide for it and purchase my card at Dalaman or Fethiye. Or Antalya, if you are coming from there. Not sure if there are sim cards available in Kalkan.

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,275 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pre-paid sim and data plan

I have asked now some locals and they affirmed that you have to buy these sim cards (Tükcell, Avea or Telsim) at Dalaman, Fethiye, Kalkan, Kas or Antalya. I´m just waiting for an answer, if Wifi is available in Patara for guests.

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,275 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: pre-paid sim and data plan

I just got the message that Wifi is available in some pensions/hotels (for guests) and you can use it all the day. Maybe an additional option.

Edited: 10 April 2012, 02:06
Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: pre-paid sim and data plan

also you can get (Tükcell, Avea or Telsim) at the airport of Antalya upon your arrival..not sure about Dalaman airport but I would say 90 % sure you can..also of course it is available at Istanbul airport

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,164 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: pre-paid sim and data plan

Having an iPhone myself on a contract, İ am not really sure, but as the sim card for this phone is different (tiny) be sure you get the right one.

You can go to any official Türkcell shop in Fethiye, there is one coming from the bus station walk to town center on your right hand side opposite a school just before you come to the post office. Personlly İ did not get any help for my 3G for my laptop from Avea once it did not work...

But as said above, free WiFi is so easy to find in Turkey, you just need to ask the password from the hotel or the restaurants.

Good luck!

Tahoe City...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: pre-paid sim and data plan

Thank you all! very helpful info you have shared and I plan to be in Antalya for the first 2 days of my trip. So far it looks like i should not have any problem finding a sim card for the phone. thanks! Lin

Get answers to your questions about Patara
Recent Conversations